07.

BROOKLYN LAID AWAKE in her bed, staring up at god knows what on her ceiling.

her led lights slowly fading from one depressing color to the next, illuminating her face and making her tears sparkle like diamonds in the night.

she aimlessly scratched her dog, maddy's head, wondering what she had done for vinnie to act so.. different.

it was a new year but all brooklyn could think of was why had vinnie been like such a stranger for the past three weeks.

he wasn't rude to her or anything, but he just wasn't fully there and brooklyn hated it. she wondered what or more specifically, who made him so distant with her.

she had been in this position for 48 hours. two whole days she laid there, staring at her ceiling without moving, without eating, without drinking, without sleeping.

a fresh tear built up at the corner of her eye, as her bottom lip quivered. she felt pathetic. she wanted to get up.

just get up brooke she repeated in her mind over and over and over, like a broken fucking record.

get up brooke, get up brooke, get up brooke she repeated wanting to move, wanting to eat, wanting to stop feeling so pathetic.

then she heard it.

the soft ringing coming from her phone, playing the ringtone she had set for vinnie, she glanced over at her phone which proved her to be right. he was calling.

so she moved.

she moved quickly and urgently as she sat up and swiped to accept the call "vinnie?" she croaked and the other line was silent for a moment before he hesitantly replied "hey... can you come over?" he asked and she grimaced "i'm sick right now but maybe you could come here?" she asked and he sighed "no i- i cant leave but.... i can just tell you now." he decided and she frowned slightly.

"tell me what?" she asked quietly, running her tongue over her dry chapped bottom lip, as she played with the hem of her shorts nervously.

"i think we should break up." he replied, and brooklyn felt like the wind had been knocked out of her. she didn't know if she didn't care or if she simply forgot that he was still on the phone, because she dropped it onto her bed and stared at the wall in front of her as a heartbreakingly loud sob escaped her lips.

as she curled up into a ball she heard the faint noise of him cursing and hanging up, but she didn't care. all she cared about was the fact that she lost him, just like she hoped she wouldn't.

so for the next few days she stayed there, in that same position.

she didn't eat.

she didn't sleep.

she didn't think.

as she
walks by

BRUBLES THOUGHTS!
sitting in bed at 1 am with blue led lights and the soft hum of disney channel playing in the background is the best scenario for crying change my mind.

also i'm double updating super early today because i'm going on a road trip today and i didn't go to sleep BYE