11.

BROOKLYN SAT IN the corner of the room, her knees pulled to her chest as she watched everyone around her talking and having fun.

she didn't even know why she decided to come to this party. it was a spontaneous decision but she regretted it deeply.

she watched as the people around her moved fast, but to her they moved painfully slow. she watched the girl in another corner catch her boyfriend cheating for the third time, she watched the boy kissing another boy which made her heart happy, and she watched the radiantly bright blonde laughing at something her best friend told her.

she was so deep into her people watching that she didn't even notice when the boy sat next to her "hey... why you sitting alone?" he questioned and she turned to face him, startled.

"uh. my friends are at home so i don't really know anyone." she admitted and he nodded, pausing before sticking out his hand "i'm xander." he introduced himself and she smiled slightly, shaking his hand "i'm brooklyn." she told him and he smiled.

"well brooklyn, i think we should go dance." xander proposed, standing up and pulling her up with him as she shook her head "oh no no no no, i don't dance" she protested but he ignored her and pulled her to where everyone was dancing "neither do they." he pointed out and brooklyn looked around, noticing that literally nobody was dancing good.

"alright fine, just one song." she gave in and he cheered, jumping up and down with the much smaller girl, who's seemingly permanent frown broke out into a huge grin.

but then she saw it again, him with his arm around her shoulder as they talked to a small group of people.

her smile instantly wiped off her face and she stopped jumping and down like a maniac, which xander noticed "hey, everything oka-" he asked and she cut him off by glaring at him.

"i'm fine. i'll see you around." she pushed her shoulder against his, mentally cursing because he was built like a brick wall.

she started to walk outside, but as soon as she got out the door he grabbed her wrist and spun her around to face him "do you want a ride? it's late and i don't think you shoul-" he expressed his concern and she laughed bitterly "i don't need you to babysit me. i'm perfectly capable of going home, thanks." she snarled and ripped her arm out of his grasp.

he stood there with a frown on his face as he watched her run away into the dark of the night. quickly making up his mind to follow behind her in his car to ensure she got home safely.

put your arm
round her
shoulder
now i'm getting
colder

BRUBLES THOUGHTS!
i keep humming heather to myself it's so catchy pls

anyways this story makes me want to cry sometimes.

late edit: HI IM POSTING FOUR CHALTERS TODAY BECUASE I HAVE LIKE 10 CHAPTERS LEFT TO POST AND I CANNOT WAIT FOR YALL TO READ THEM LOLSIES OK BYE