15.

BROOKLYN READJUSTED HER short tight fitting black dress that sierra forced her into, with black heels to match.

sierra was dressed up in a similar dress, hers looser than brooklyn's with a diamond choker, around her neck and going down the front of the dress.

jayden was wearing a hoodie and ripped jeans which was normal because he never dressed up for anything, but also because he'd fit in with the rest of the guys who also didn't dress up.

sierra knocked on the door as she scrolled through her instagram feed which was flooded with new posts of people posting about heather's party.

apparently there was going to be alcohol but it definitely wasn't being provided by heather, since the girl didn't drink or smoke.

heather opened the front door with a bright smile "brooke! you made it!" she enthused, hugging the girl tightly "i'm so happy! i thought you wouldn't come, but vinnie told me that you're a really nice girl and that you would, but i thought you wouldn't because maybe you hate me.. you know? but now i know you don't and i'm so glad!" heather rambled and sierra's previously hard facial expression softened.

heather hugged both sierra and jayden, pausing to enthuse about everyone's outfits as they complimented hers, a navy blue dress with a small back cutout. the dress made her blue eyes pop, and right then brooklyn swore that the blue skies that she woke up to came nowhere near as close to being as beautiful as heather's eyes.

she was a sight for sore eyes, and she didn't even realize it. she invited the trio inside to where people were all dressed up- minus the boys- and dancing to music.

heather got whisked away by a group of people, but not before loudly promising brooklyn that she'd come back to her later.

brooklyn walked to the kitchen, which was one of the least crowded areas, to get a drink and also clear her head. she sighed as she sat at the island and rested her head on the countertop.

"brooke?" he asked, his voice almost like a whisper in a large field, but she seemed to hear him clear as day, her head snapped up and her dull, sad brown eyes were met with his cautious hazel ones.

"vincent." she mumbled harshly and he flinched, as if the harshness in her tone cut through his skin like a knife. he hadn't seen her in so long and he knew she was avoiding him, but he really wished she wasn't.

then there was that look again, that look of pure adoration and love, that made brooklyn want to hurry and run out of that party screaming, but she didn't. she stayed and turned around to watch heather walk past with a few of her friends, not noticing the two teenagers watching intently.

"so. heather?" brooklyn asked, her voice completely void of any emotion, as she turned back around to face him.

"yeah.. she's really cool, i think you'd like her." he told the girl who laughed bitterly "what, just like how you do?" she mumbled, standing up and grabbing a bottle of water.

"that's not fair brooke." vinnie frowned and she turned to look at him, a vicious look present on her features "what's not fair vincent? me saying one thing? you wanna know what's not fair? watching your boyfriend fall in love with someone else and all you can do is watch helplessly as your lifeline gets yanked away from you. what's not fair is that i laid there, in the same spot for days while you ran around with heather, not giving a shit if i was dead or alive." she took a deep breathe and closed her eyes, trying to calm herself down.

"she's a sweet girl vincent. don't fuck it up." brooklyn glared at him, and he scratched the back of his neck, awkwardly looking away from her.

"tell her i say happy birthday." brooklyn told him bitterly, turning around and exiting the kitchen to look for sierra and jayden who were standing at the front door.

"we saw you talking to vinnie so we got prepared to leave." sierra told her, grabbing her hand and walking out of the door with jayden behind them.

"wait- brooklyn!" a voice called from behind them and brooklyn sucked her teeth irritatedly, turning around to see xander staring at her concernedly.

"uh i just wanted to... ask for your number." he told her shyly and she raised an eyebrow, sharing a look with sierra who was already smirking at her.

"uh... okay sure." she hesitantly agreed, reaching out for his phone.

what a site for sore eyes
brighter than a
blue sky

BRUBLES THOUGHTS!
xander is so cute i love him gn