11

On the bus ride home from the graveyard, you shifted your body away from Yuji. You still didn't want him to look at your swollen face after crying so hard. You even brought dark sunglasses to hide your bug-like eyes. Even though you spilled your deepest feelings to him, you still weren't comfortable being vulnerable.

"Y/n, do you have to turn away? I've seen your face before."

Rolling your eyes, you stiffly stared at the window, viewing the darkening sky falling down on the world. "Yes," you mumbled. "It's going to take me a long time before I can openly express my feelings like that. You're just lucky that today I was very very emotional."

Your eyelids were getting heavy after crying your eyes out, but you knew you weren't going to sleep long.

"So you killed the woman?" You were curious about that since Yuji let you pour out your feelings earlier.

Yuji inhaled sharply, remembering the details very clearly. He never dwelled on it; he knew what he wanted—he wanted to save your life. His actions to save you was like him eating Sukuna's finger to save Megumi. He will protect the people he cares about and if killing is the last resort, he won't hesitate for his friends. "Of course! Why would I let you suffer?" He twinkled a smile as you saw it through the reflection of the window.

A big groan expelled from your mouth. "I hate her technique. She conjures your regrets and fears to haunt you... Since you already know what's mine, you can guess what happened."

"Yep. She did that to weaken your soul so she could kill you which is scary to think about.... Is that why you were crying?" Yuji bluntly spoke with no filter.

You clicked your tongue as you didn't know he saw that part of you. He basically knew I was going through something all along but respected my choice to tell him right now or later. You concluded by the way he acted towards you.

"Yeah... Can we not talk about that? I'm trying to be a happy person now!"

Then a few minutes passed as you both were in silence, still on the bus. "Yuji," you called out through your groggy voice, not looking at him.

"Hm?" He wondered what you wanted to say.

You sighed heavily as your shoulders dropped. You're only saying this with good intentions to help him in the future. "Remember how I looked down upon your conviction?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

Yuji didn't know why you brought it up now after it's been a long time since you guys met. If he were honest, he kind of forgot about the conversation. Nonetheless, he's curious so he'll listen to what you have to say.

"I only said that because jujutsu society is a harsh world. Me and other sorcerers have experienced it. The reason why I'm the way I am is because of them. Nobody should have to lose people they care about, nor shouldn't forget how to be human. There's many things that sucks about being a sorcerer, Yuji." Turning your head, you stared at Yuji as you locked eyes with him. A firm frown tugged your lips downwards. As much as you don't bat an eye at anyone's direction, you knew too well that someone as bright as him will wither away. "This path will dull you, making you feel empty and frustrated with life. No matter how much guilt you carry in your heart...never lose your shine and smile." You wholeheartedly said.

Yuji felt his heart swelled from your kind and wise words. He really appreciates whenever you give him any type of talk. He knows you don't mean harm, rather you're trying to help him get through his cursed life he's living. "Thanks, y/n! I'm grateful to have you as my friend!" Yuji suddenly patted your head out of nowhere.

Swatting his hand away, you snarled back. "I'm not a dog...!"

"Y/n, don't forget that I'll always be here for you too!"