32

5 hours before Master Tengen's ambush, you were resting peacefully in bed until Kameko decided to pull up in your soul chamber to disturb you. Ever since she popped up the first time, she never came back again.

Kameko sat in her elegant throne, staring down at you with distress painting her beautiful face. Her delicate fingers gripped the arms on her throne as it turned white while biting her lips, showing her deep teeth marks imprinted on her skin.

You stood before her, wondering why you're here. "Are you here to show me how to escape from your crazy student? Or just to talk to me because you feel like it?" You cut to the chase since you had more important things on your hand. You couldn't be bothered by her unless she's going to help you.

"My brother is going to die, I can feel it." The wariness in her voice rumbled inside your soul chamber like an earthquake was about to take place. You had to balance yourself from the tremors.

Rolling your eyes, you huffed in annoyance. "Okay? I don't know what you want me to do. I don't have any energy to do anything, and your obsessive demon is trying to keep me hostage by letting this bug eat me! Why is it my job to protect your damn brother?! That's not my problem!" You had so much hate in your heart. It didn't bother you that you felt cold towards Master Tengen. There's no emotional attachment that makes you want to do this out of your good heart. You felt rotten to the core. All the bad things in your life piled up and looked where it put you—into captivity!

"I want to blame you for everything you put me through! But I know entirely this isn't your fault because it's the damn higher ups!! I just can't accept the fact that it had to be like this!" Instead of lashing your anger at Kameko, you decided to hold your tongue because nothing was going to change. What's done is done. You can't go back in time to change the past for you or Kameko. You can cry and complain about your miserable life but that's it. It's either you dwell in it or change it, but you don't understand why you had to pick up their family drama, that's none of your business.

Kameko knew the burden you carried was because of her. She takes full responsibility for it. It's not like she wanted to curse her family. It was built up rage and despair that triggered everything. "I know, y/n! I know this is all my fault! I didn't think your birth would cross paths with Sukuna's revival! Nor the fall of the higher ups would cause mayhem like this! You can hate me all you want, but this is life threatening to humanity! If my brother dies, humans will die—including your loved ones right now!"

You gulped as there's still important people in your heart.

Kameko adjusted her position and clasped her hands shut as her eyes quivered in fear of the future. "My brother is no longer human. He's close enough to being a curse spirit. If he's killed, the veil between both worlds will crumble. More evil will be unleashed. You're locked up, the Sixth Eye is absent, and now the Star Plasma Vessel is next. The pillar that's keeping this standing will be lost for good. Curses will definitely evolve to be much more powerful than they were back in my era. Sorcerers will probably be killed if we lose him. I know this is a lot to ask for you, but please do it for the greater good." She begged, knowing you're hers and everyone's last hope.

You grumbled as you accepted it. You're only doing this for the people you love and care for. They're under a lot of stress to even keep the world together by a thread. They lost many people because of Sukuna and Kenjaku. It felt like it was your job to fix it since you could've prevented this if Sukuna didn't kidnap you. "You know, I'm going to rip apart what you created. Do you have a problem with that?"

Glancing at Kameko, a reassured look took over. "Of course," A small smile drew her lips upwards. "Create your own future, child. My time is different from yours. Build whatever you see fit in your era. All I ask is that we don't suffer another dark age being trampled by curses... And please lay Sukuna to rest. It's time for him to come home. His anger isn't good for his heart," Kameko bitterly chuckled, feeling her heart twinged in sorrow. She still had some regrets when it came to Sukuna, but she'll scold him once he's dead like her.