36

Prior to heading out, you pulled Megumi to the side while Yuji was talking to Choso. You had to tell him about your main fear of sucking out Sukuna's power.

"What's up?" Megumi didn't know why you needed him, but he knew it's something serious if Yuji wasn't invited.

Your lips pursed from your anxiety eating you as your fingers fiddled. Megumi could clearly tell it had to do with the final fight. "I don't know if I'm going to survive. Just absorbing the small fracture of Sukuna's power is still in my system after two days! I don't feel a slight difference; it feels the same on day one."

Megumi's eyes widened and quickly glanced over his shoulder to see that Yuji was still occupied. He knew how much Yuji cared about you, and it would drive him mad if you weren't going to live. He witnessed it first hand already. "y/n, you need to live! That's an order. Itadori went berserk after you disappeared! I don't think I can handle him if you're dead. I'm scared for both of you guys." Megumi went into details about Yuji's breakdowns when you were gone for a few months.

This only made matters worse because you can't control if you're going to die or not. Of course, you don't want him to live in misery but you couldn't decide that. "Megumi, I understand your concern, but it's only if my body can handle it."

"Is there any other way to kill Sukuna?"

"No, I thought about this before. If Kameko couldn't fully kill him then how can I kill him with regular jujutsu? I have to corrupt his power to weaken him and absorb it so he can't escape death again. There's no loophole to guarantee my safety because at the end of the day, I'm the destruction of jujutsu." You gripped his shoulders tightly and locked eyes with him. "Megumi, you can't tell Yuji this until I'm unresponsive. I don't want him to interfere with my plan or else he'll end up dead. I know you don't want him to die because he was dragged into this mess to save you. Protect his heart for me... If it's my fate to die after killing Sukuna then let it be. Just tell Yuji that I accept his feelings and feel the same way for him."

"y/n..." Megumi mumbled in frustration. He didn't want to be locked between you guys, and he didn't like how you're being selfish for the greater good... Yet he knew nothing else would be able to take down Sukuna but you. It did hurt Megumi as you saved his sister and you're a long time friend. He doesn't want to see you leave like this. "If that's what you wish then okay," He bit his lips and nodded his head, feeling his chest tightened.

/////

After some last preparations, everyone departed and wished each other good luck.

You, Megumi, and Yuji moved out as they followed you to an endless forest where trees covered the sky, engulfing you in complete darkness.

"Sukuna's estate is around here. I got lost a couple of times trying to escape. It's really secluded from the city and anywhere I'd say. It took me a long time to get back to Tokyo," You informed the boys since you knew they're curious where you're leading them and they're just following you. "I doubt Sukuna left this place. I have a feeling he's waiting for me to return. Take out anyone who dares to interfere and I'll hold off Sukuna until you guys come."

"Okay, that's no problem. It's much easier to only fight Sukuna without his loyal comrades." Megumi agreed because it's going to be hard enough to deal with Sukuna and adding more people into the mix will be harder to get the work done.

On the other hand, Yuji was quiet about it and chose not to say anything.

As you guys kept roaming, you saw the estate peeking through the tall trees as you knew you three were close.

"We're almost there—!" You stopped speaking when you heard noises encircling you guys, causing everyone to be alerted. You made hand gestures as you signaled them to handle whoever was there so you could get to Sukuna first.