23

In the early hours of the morning, you and Yuji were forced to get ready for your mission. None of you guys were fully awake. Your droopy eyes wouldn't stop closing while you brushed your teeth and Yuji yawned changing his clothes. Prior to the mission, Ijichi informed you two that it's going to be a long mission so you guys need to pack a suitcase.

Ijichi threw the suitcases in the trunk of the car and sat in the driver's seat. He turned on the car and shifted his rearview mirror as his eyes glanced at you and Yuji endlessly yawned. He didn't understand why Gojo would want to make his students wake up at 4 in the morning when the sun barely peaked through the dark sky.

Poor Itadori and y/n. They're trying so hard to stay awake. I see their eyes rolling back and their heads bobbing. They're going to sleep throughout the car ride and not hear a word about their mission since Gojo-san has kept it away from them.

"Ahem!" Ijichi cleared his throat, capturing your guys' attention as you and Yuji stared up at him with weak, tired eyes. "I have the details of your mission!"

In that moment, you guys were wide awake like the sun was out and shining and the ounce of exhaustion left your bodies. You two were energized with your ears wide open.

"Ooo, enlighten me." You calmly spoke, stretching your body in the car.

"There's a curse user who's tampering with dead bodies to profit from mourning families. From what our intel has told us is that he will be in Osaka. He tends to travel a lot so we don't have a clear pinpoint where he could be 24/7. It's best to find him there if you're able to locate him, if not then it's going to be a long mission."

It gave you and Yuji goose bumps as the hairs on your skin stuck up.

"That's awful and disgusting! Manipulating people just for money is horrible. Now their loved ones think their dead family member is 'alive' but not alive at the same time." Yuji revolted from the thoughts of a corpse acting like a zombie. He really wondered if the corpse eats humans or not since the curse user is reviving the dead. It made him wonder if there's more dead bodies being discovered too because nobody knows how many corpses he resurrected from the dead.

You had a baffled expression from hearing the mission. Yuji made a valid point, but you were in deep thoughts about it. "The bigger question is... What is the curse user putting inside the dead bodies...?" You looked at everyone in the car because you can't bring back the dead...unless there's a method that can.

An eerie feeling sat in the air, consuming everyone's thoughts. Nobody wanted to think outside the box because that could lead into something far worse than anyone can imagine. No matter what it is, it crosses the line of the jujutsu rules and regulations.

"Hopefully we get an answer by tonight." You said, breaking the tense air. "I don't think I want to be here for a long time since we don't know when the curse user will leave Osaka."

Time wasn't on your side. You had to find the curse user now or else it's going to be an endless goose chase. He could be tampering with more dead bodies and hurting families if he's not stopped. You're determined to locate the user and end this once and for all.

After the long 5 hour drive, the sun was out and shining, blazing the world with warmth and light.

You stepped out of the car stretching from the soreness aching in your body. It was very uncomfortable to sit in the car for that long. You couldn't move or really stretch out your limbs without hitting Yuji. But finally, you had space to do whatever to keep your arms and legs from being coiled up.

Ijichi and Yuji got the suitcases out from the trunk, and Ijichi rolled your suitcase to you. "y/n, Itadori, Gojo-san was nice enough to book you two an inn to stay at. I wish you two the best luck!" Ijichi smiled before climbing back inside his car and driving off.