Chapter Three: Love Lock

Hyukjae didn't know how it happened, but here he is, driving his car towards the Namsan Tower with Dara. He originally planned to go home after he exited from the bar earlier. But it didn't push through when Dara suddenly stopped him.

When he saw the sadness in her eyes while asking him to have fun with her, there was a sudden pull inside of him, telling him that Dara needs him. He finds it weird to have a sudden feeling of compassion for a stranger. He was used to having an unwanted acquaintance when he was drinking in the bar. Most girls are trying to ask him for a hookup or being friends with him, but none of them made him interested.

But with Dara, it was different. He felt helpless at some point to see her hurting. And when he agreed, he can feel the happiness she felt. He can feel that she was thankful for not dealing with her consternation alone.

They reached the vicinity of the Namsan Tower and he parked his car on the open parking lot. He looked at Dara and saw her excited expression. He smiled weakly as there is a memory in the tower itself that he wanted to forget. He is hesitant to go here, but he has no choice as Dara needed to be here.

"Here we are," He said while unbuckling his seatbelt while Dara did the same.

"Gosh! I am so excited." Dara squealed while immediately getting off the car and slightly jumping like a kid outside.

He laughed softly when he saw how cute her reaction is. She was like a child who received her favorite candy. He opened the door and got off the car and closed it. He strode beside Dara and smiled at her.

"Come on."

They walked towards the entrance door of the tower and the guard greeted them. They rode the elevator to go up the top of the tower. They reached the top and stepped outside of the elevator. There are few people there and Hyukjae thanks the heaven because it's not crowded. He will feel uncomfortable if there are many people for a reason he doesn't want attention.

Dara was in awe of the view. The lights of the cars, buildings, and houses are like fireflies that were scattered everywhere. Giving a serene ambiance to the environment. She ran near on the railings and spread her arms, closing her eyes, and trying to feel the cold breeze of the night.

It felt magical, as thousands of emotions clouded her heart. She slowly opened her eyes and put down her arms. She looked in the sky and observe the thousands of stars and the bright moon above. A tear was dangerously forming on her tear duct but she immediately blinked it away. She doesn't want to shed tears tonight – for just one night.

Hyukjae walked slowly beside Dara, and like her, he was observing the view below the tower. It's been a long time since he witnessed the beauty of the city. That long time was a few years ago with someone he loved the most. He glanced at Dara and observe her expression. He can't figure out if she was happy or not but one thing he knew for sure is she was thankful to be here.

"Let's lock now a love padlock Hyuk," Dara said while smiling at Hyukjae. She grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the padlock store.

They reached the small store and bore their eyes to the many kinds of love padlock. Dara examined all the boxes of the padlocks in there.

"Omo! So cute!" She squealed in delight. And she picked up the red box in the right corner of the shelf. It was pink and blue padlock with a shape of hearts. He showed it to Hyukjae.

"What do you think about this? It is cute right?" Dara asked while looking at Hyukjae with puppy eyes.

Hyukjae smiled. "It's cute, but you're cuter."