Chapter Four: Evanescence

"Hyuk, how about this?!" Dara squealed while trying to put a headband in Hyukjae's head.

"No! I don't like monkeys," Hyukjae protested firmly as he was trying to dodge Dara's hands above his head. Dara was trying to make him wear the monkey ears headband she choose from the souvenir shop inside the amusement park.

After locking a love padlock on the Namsan Tower earlier, they took a drive towards the nearby amusement park. It was already two hours before midnight but fortunately, the amusement park will be close later than its usual closing time as an early celebration for Valentine's Day. The park was not crowded. As it was already late, only a few couples are still there, having a date on this peaceful night with the moon and stars shining bright above them.

When they reached the amusement park, Dara excitedly dragged him towards the roller coaster ride. Which to Hyukjae's horror for the reason that he was not expecting her to drag him to the extreme rides first. He made a mental note that albeit to Dara's beautiful and angelic face she's a badass female inside.

After the ride on the roller coaster, she dragged him to the Vikings. Then, to the flying Frisbee. And last to the Disco Pang pang. Which made an awkward situation between them because Hyukjae was shielding Dara, preventing her to fall off the seat. But the awkwardness didn't last long because it was fun. He had to admit to himself that he was having fun with her, and that fun was different from the elucidation he knew. It was a kind of fun that made him forget the ordeal he had when they were in the Namsan Tower earlier.

And speaking of fun, he was having fun teasing Dara right now. She's standing in front of him, wearing a rabbit ears headband. She is constantly showing him different kinds of headbands for him to wear, but he refused all of them. He is refusing it not because he didn't like it but for the reason that Dara's reaction is too adorable to miss.

"Uggh!" Dara said and he frowned at Hyukjae. "Why didn't you like them?! I have shown you 6 different headbands and you don't want any of them." And she's cutely stomping her feet on the ground. She averted her gaze to the row of animal ears headbands. Looking for a possible candidate that will suit Hyukjae's liking.

Hyukjae bit his lips. He is preventing himself from laughing so hard. He was standing there, both hands were inside his padding jacket's pocket and observing the earnest face of her – knitted eyebrows and pressed lips. He didn't know why but he was liking every reaction of Dara.

Dara was scanning every shelf of the store until her gaze landed on the brown pointed ears headband. She excitedly picked it up from the shelf and showed it to Hyukjae.

"I found the most suitable ears for you!" Dara said. She beamed at Hyukjae who is looking at her with raised eyebrows.

"What's that?" Hyukjae asked.

"It's squirrel ears!" Dara said and she immediately put it on Hyukjae's head. Then, she grabbed Hyukjae's hands preventing him from removing them. "It suits you! Look at the mirror!"

Dara dragged him to the middle part of the store where a full-length mirror is plastered on the wall.

Hyukjae inwardly grinned. Well, the ears are cute and he won't lie it suits him. But of course, he needed to tease Dara some more before giving in to her cute demands.

"I don't like this. It doesn't suit me at all." Hyukjae complained

"It suits you!" Dara retorted and she pinched him on both cheeks. "Look at your plump cheeks! So plump like a squirrel."

Hyukjae winced in pain. And he gently holds Dara's hands removing them from his cheeks.

"That's hurt..." Hyukjae grimaced as he's rubbing his reddened cheeks. "But it's still a no for me."