Chapter Eight: Letter

Hyukjae bid goodbye to the parents of Jieun. He became light-hearted, the guilt, the regrets, and the pain were now gone but the feelings of longing are still there. Many realizations have come to his mind. The realization of being able to forgive himself for the accident that he never intended to happen. The realization that everyone commits mistakes and deserves to be given a second chance in life, including him. The realization that everything has a purpose. The realization that everything happens for a reason. All of that, he realized it when he met Dara, the woman in her dreams.

He was walking with his brother towards the exit path of the cemetery when some guy, probably in his early 30's, who standing in front of a headstone, had caught his attention. The guy seems familiar, he just doesn't know when and where did he see him. He darted his gaze to the headstone in front of the guy. He froze and his eyes became wide when he saw the name in the headstone –

Park Sandara "Dara"

Born: May 17, 1984

Died: February 14, 2018

"The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give away." – William Shakespeare

Beside the headstone, there was a portrait picture in there. His body went cold and rigid when he saw who is in the picture. The picture and the name of the person who was laid there was exactly the name and the face of the woman in his dream.

Hyukjae called his brother. And Jungsoo turned around to face him.

"Hyung! Go home first, I will stay here for a while."

"Why?" Jungsoo asked with a questioning look.

"I have to do something first here before I go home." He said. "I will just take the bus later."

"What it is?" Jungsoo asked

"Just something important."

"Alright, go home before dinner, and don't ever think of going to the bar again!" Jungsoo said as he gave his brother a piercing glare.

"Yes Hyung, be careful driving."

Jungsoo nodded. He turned around and walks towards the exit path.

When his brother had disappeared in the view, Hyukjae turned around and carefully approached the guy. He was nervous and his heart was pounding hard.

"Excuse me," Hyukjae said weakly.

The guy snapped on his right to look for the person who called him. Hyukjae was stunned for a second when the guy had faced him. He realized why this guy is familiar to him because he looked the same as Dara. The guy smiled at him and Hyukjae's inside became clenched, he saw once again the smile that filled butterflies in his stomach.

"Yes?"

Hyukjae cleared his throat. "I'm sorry for disturbing you. May I know, who is the person who is resting in here?"

The guy took a glance at the tombstone and smiled sadly. And he looked at Hyukjae.

"That's my sister. Sandara Park. Do you know her?"

Hyukjae was silenced for a second. He was pondering whether to tell that he saw his sister in his dream. But as he's sure that the man won't believe him, he decided to make an excuse.

"No," Hyukjae said. "She just looked familiar. I think I saw her somewhere but I don't remember when and where."

The guy hummed in acknowledgment.