ii. the unknown

As dinner concluded, Lucas and Cassidy made their way into the garage

As dinner concluded, Lucas and Cassidy made their way into the garage. Cassidy, with a playful smile, inquired, "So, do I still have my bike?" Lucas chuckled, "Yes, doofus. It's over there!" He pointed towards the boxes, the familiarity of Cassidy's bike within the garage serving as a nostalgic reminder of their shared past and simpler times. The exchange reflected a blend of teasing banter and the comfort of returning to familiar routines.

Facing the bike stuck behind the boxes, Cassidy extended her hand and closed her eyes. A subtle tension filled the air, and as Cassidy opened her eyes, they were a deep black. Energy orbs materialized in her hands, and shadows emerged, deftly grabbing the bike and bringing it toward her. The display of supernatural abilities added an unexpected layer to the reunion, leaving Lucas wide-eyed with a mixture of surprise and curiosity.

Cassidy lowered her hand, and as her eyes shifted back to their normal state, the energy dissipated from the palms of her hands. A stunned silence hung in the garage, broken only by Lucas's exclamation, "Holy shit." His eyes mirrored a mixture of shock and awe, witnessing Cassidy's unexpected display of supernatural abilities.

As Cassidy turned around, a sudden realization struck her. "Oh my god, I forgot," she mentally cursed herself. The weight of the revelation settled in, and Cassidy grappled with the unintended disclosure of her powers to her brother, adding an unexpected layer to their reunion.

"I'm not even surprised," Lucas mumbled, his words carrying a mix of resignation and a hint of underlying tension. Confused, Cassidy looked at him and asked, "What?" Lucas bit his lip nervously before responding, "Mike and I will explain when we get there. Come on." He sighed, signaling for them to get on their bikes.

As they rode together, Cassidy couldn't shake her confusion about Lucas's subdued reaction. The air was thick with unspoken tension, and she found herself speculating on what revelations awaited them at Mike's place.

As they reached the house, Lucas and Cassidy parked their bikes and approached the door. Lucas knocked, and the door swung open to reveal Mike. "YES! Welcome back, Cassie! Come on!" Mike's cheerful welcome resonated through the doorway, and he grabbed Cassidy's hand with enthusiasm.

The warmth of Mike's reception momentarily eased the tension that had built up during their journey. Cassidy felt a mix of emotions, ranging from anticipation to nervousness, as she stepped into Mike's house.

They descended the stairs to find Dustin and Will waiting. "I'm back, bitches!" Cassidy declared, stretching her arms wide. The exuberant announcement was met with embraces as Lucas, Mike, Dustin, and Will gathered around her, enveloping Cassidy in a group hug. The reunion marked a moment of shared joy, momentarily setting aside the mysteries and revelations that lingered in the background.