iii. eleven in hiding

Cassidy, feeling the strain of her psychic abilities, delicately wiped her nose

Cassidy, feeling the strain of her psychic abilities, delicately wiped her nose. Determination flickered in her eyes as she formed tight fists, summoning the energy needed to propel herself through the small portal. In the blink of an eye, the surroundings shifted, and she found herself standing before an enigmatic cabin.

A keen eye caught a tripwire at her feet. Cassidy, with an exasperated eye roll, gracefully stepped over the wire, her movements reflecting a practiced ease with the supernatural challenges she faced. The air around the cabin hinted at an imminent sense of mystery.

Sensing potential locks barring her way, Cassidy, once again, clenched her fists. The small portal enveloped her, and she emerged elsewhere. This time, however, blood trickled down her nose, a visible consequence of her psychic exertion. Undeterred, Cassidy surveyed her new surroundings, ready to confront whatever awaited her on this intriguing journey.

Abruptly transported into Eleven's presence, Cassidy barely had time to grasp her surroundings before finding herself forcefully pinned against a wall. With closed eyes, she instinctively activated her powers, teleporting into the relative safety of the kitchen.

Regaining composure, Cassidy addressed Eleven, who now stood before her with palpable intensity. "Calm down. I'm like you; I'm not a threat," she implored, raising her hands in a gesture of surrender. The air in the room crackled with tension as Cassidy attempted to convey a shared understanding, hoping to bridge the gap between them and dispel any notion of hostility.

"Who are you?" Eleven's firm inquiry resonated in the room as her hands instinctively positioned for caution.

"I'm Five, but my real name is Cassidy. Cassidy Sinclair. I'm Lucas' twin, I'm a friend of Mike's," Cassidy explained, her voice calm yet carrying the weight of sincerity. The air hung heavy with the need for understanding, as Cassidy sought to bridge the gap, offering her connection to familiar names in an attempt to convey that she came in peace. The room held a palpable tension, awaiting Eleven's response.

Eleven's eyes widened in a mix of surprise and recognition. Slowly, she lowered her hand, and a soft, "Mike?" escaped her lips.

"Yes. This is why I'm here... I came back after being released from the lab," Cassidy began to elaborate, the weight of her words hanging in the air. However, before she could delve into the details, Eleven cut her off. The room hung in a suspended moment, tension building as Eleven processed the revelation, leaving an unspoken connection between them.

"You were released?" Eleven's question came swift, and Cassidy nodded, meeting Eleven's searching gaze. The room was charged with the weight of untold stories.

Eleven's frown deepened, and Cassidy, reading the unspoken troubles, asked gently, "I'm guessing they're still after you?" A shared understanding passed between them as Eleven nodded, confirming the looming threat that persisted.