viii. dig dug

"You want to do what!?" Cassidy exclaimed in disbelief

"You want to do what!?" Cassidy exclaimed in disbelief. "Yes. We need to let her know we are alive," Theodore declared. Cassidy sighed, contemplating the implications. "Okay, well how are we gonna find her?" she asked, crossing her arms. "You. You have shadow jumping, void, and finding people quickly," Eleven pointed out. Cassidy bit her lip, grappling with the weight of the responsibility.

Cassidy sighed again and, with a resigned determination, held her hand out, acknowledging the necessity of using her unique abilities for the task at hand. The trio faced a daunting challenge as they prepared to venture into the unknown void to connect with someone whose sanity hung in the balance.

Eleven handed Cassidy the blindfold, and she took a seat on the floor. Holding the photo of Terry Ives in her lap, Cassidy carefully wrapped the blindfold around her head. As the fabric secured her vision, Cassidy felt the pull into the enigmatic void.

In the void, Cassidy navigated the surreal landscape, her surroundings shrouded in an otherworldly atmosphere. "What do you see?" Theodore's voice reached her, breaking the silence of the void. As Cassidy observed her surroundings, blood trickled down her nose, signaling her presence in the mysterious realm of her mind. The visual and physical cues marked her connection to the void, and the trio awaited with bated breath for the insights Cassidy would bring back from this ethereal journey.

"I don't know. There's nothing," Cassidy conveyed to Theodore, the raven-curly haired boy. Despite her efforts, the void seemed devoid of any meaningful cues or insights. Undeterred, she continued walking and looking around, the enigmatic realm offering no clear direction or information.

Eleven and Theodore frowned, their anticipation turning into concern as Cassidy persisted through the void. The trio faced an uncertain journey, grappling with the challenge of finding meaning in a place that seemed to resist easy interpretation.

She spotted a mailbox in the distance and walked towards it. "I found a mailbox," Cassidy informed Eleven and Theodore. The revelation sparked a shared look and grins between the twins.

Cassidy focused on the mailbox. "Five-One-Five Larrabee," she relayed to them. The significance of the address hung in the air, opening up new possibilities in their quest to understand and connect with Terry Ives in the void.

Theodore swiftly grabbed paper and pen, noting down the address Cassidy discovered. Cassidy, sensing the task was complete, took off the blindfold, revealing a smile on Eleven's face. Cassidy wiped her bloody nose with her sleeve, acknowledging the toll the void journey took on her.

"I'm guessing you want me to teleport you two to your mom's house," Cassidy chuckled. Taking the initiative, she grabbed their wrists, and in an instant, the trio was teleported to the house.