Chapter 6: Work and Unwwork

Edgar woke up at seven in the morning to get ready for work as Starr Park opens at ten.  He only needed two hours to ready the gift shop, but the trip there from his motorcycle to Starr Park took forty-five minutes which is a bout an hour.

  Edgar then started his daily routine.

  Edgar went out of bed, brushed his teeth, get dressed, made a cup of coffee and breakfast, grabbed his motorcycle keys and went out of the house, ready for today's work.

  Edgar hopped onto his motorcycle and sped off to Starr Park.

  Today was going to be... Quite different. I assume.

  Edgar arrived at Starr Park. He entered it, made his way to the gift shop and unlocked the shop with his staff keys.

  The gift shop was large, but empty of it's usual liveliness. It was quite gloomy. Just the way he liked it in the morning, before anyone came into the shop.

  Edgar was the first person to come in, as usual. It was now 8 A.M. Everything was here. The cashier, the storage room door and the merchandise that was everywhere... Everything.

  Edgar then deposited his belongings in his locker.

  He then went into the storage room, went out and hauled the boxes back into the store room.

  8:45. The time Colette usually comes in. Well, not today though. She got fired a few days back.

  Edgar continued to haul the boxes back in. This was going to take him a few hours. In fact, this will take him until lunch time.

  Edgar toiled for hours and hours, loading boxes into the storage room. When lunch came, he left the stock room and went into the staff room and got his lunch from the vending machine. His lunch was a club sandwich and a soda. He sat at the table of the staff room, munching on his sandwich with small bites. He had an hour of lunch break to spare. Plus, it was nice to sit down and relax a bit after lugging those boxes around. He was the only one that worked in the stock room so it was nice to well, sit down and relax for a change.

  Edgar finished his sandwich nad soda. He still had 40 minutes left. So he went to the stockroom and into 'his corner"

  His corner was a badly assembled "private" hangout spot in the storage room. It only consisted of a chair. And a poster of his choice that was stuck on the grey walls with blu-tack.

  He sat on the chair and took out his cell phone and started texting Colette. Actually no. He first unblocked her and then started texting her.

  How did he have her contact, and why did he block her? Well, as (former) co-workers, they were in a group chat with the others to talk about business ordeals et cetera. Colette, via this group chat, added Edgar to her contacts to ask him questions. Such as "Can I have your hair?" "May I have your autograph?" The latter. Edgar, in the past, hesitantly gave her an autograph. But hair? Never. He wouldn't give anyone his hair. Not because of narcissism or anything but why would someone give a piece of their hair? A scientist is you're doing a DNA test maybe. But for a scrapbook? Hell no. Plus it's kinda creepy.

  "Hey," Edgar texted.

  ":D You unblocked me :3" Colette said, replying almost instantly.

  "So... How r u?" Edgar asked. He was an amateur conversationalist and didn't even have any topics in mind to talk about. I guess he's gonna let Colette choose the topic.

  "I'm fine??? Wbu?" Colette texted back.

   "I'm good." Edgar then sent a thumbs-up emoji after that. But the thumbs-up emoji was modded and it looked like Edgar's signature white-and-navy scarf.

  "Noice," Colette said.

  "So... Do you have any jobs? Since yr unemployed." Edgar asked.

  "Hm, no. But I work part time with meh parents. They work in a antique shop." Colette said.

  "Oh. that could explain why she loves collecting stuff." Edgar thought with a finger on his chin.

  "Wow. That's pretty awesome." Edgar said. He never knew this. He didn't interact much with people. Except for his grandpa and sibling, Byron and Bibi.

  "How's the gift shop doing?" Colette asked. Of course. Questions about the gift shop were bound to be asked.

  "Pretty sweet." Edgar said. "But it's just the norm for me."

  "K" Colette said.

  "Just in case u forgot, can u come here tonight at 8?" Edgar asked.

  "Hm ok." Colette said. "Y?" Colette said.

  "Not much of a reason in particular. But sweet. Yr coming." Edgar said. He was going to execute his plan. He'd have to ask Colette though. If she'd accept, which is highly likely; the plan then would fully execute. Hope it does. It's going to be great for the two of them.

Edgar looked at the time. His lunch break is now over. "Aight I gotta go, Col. Cya." Edgar said and switched off his phone. Edgar then slipped his phone into his inner pockets of his red vest that he wears for work.

    He then started organising the merchandise. The Bea Backpacks here; Max Shirts there; Spike Plushies on the right. There isn't much to say about it, really. Just hours of doing stuff.

  Edgar continued lugging boxes into the way they were supposed to be put in. Edgar, in this everyday situation, had a lot of time to himself. The stock room was quite large, but he was the only stock boy. Stock girls? They don't exist in this gift shop. Edgar and his trusty scarf can do it on their own. Plus, lugging the boxes proved to be beneficial for battle as that increased the power of his punches. It also helped him with parkour somehow, a thing Edgar did and loved a lot (don't tell Griff he parkours in the stock room. That happens rarely though He also never breaks anything so that's good.'

  Honestly, he didn't do much instead of lugging boxes around. That was his job after all. Or organizing the stockroom.

  Hours passed and it was finally 8 o'clock.