Chapter 8: Initial

Colette looked like she was about to scream but covered her mouth with her sleeve as Edgar instructed her not to scream earlier.

  "Sit down,” Edgar gestured to the cashier, which had seats behind it. He walked over and sat onto one of them and Colette vice versa, “So this is what we are gonna do… We're gonna give you… A makeover." Edgar told her whilst smiling. Genius plan~

  "A makeover? What do you mean?" Colette said. "I don't think you could give me a makeover or a glow-up."

  "'Course I can. Well, an emo one. It won't be permanent. Unless ya want it to be." Edgar buried his head into his scarf with a hand behind his head, other hand outstretched into Colette's direction. The boy was blushing a bit.

  "Oh, ok. Then what?" Colette asked, curious about what's gonna happen next.

  "Job interview. Pretend you're new. You don't know me, the other guy… You don't know anyone. Zilch. Zero. After that, you could pretend you're new or unmask yourself. Either way is fine I guess."

  "Oh ok." Colette agreed.

  "So… Are you in or no?" Edgar asked. Edgar waited for her answer. He hoped it was yes. As it was an opportunity for her to see him as a hero. Hey, she might even like him romantically back! Another good thing is she could get her job back! He'd also see her more too.

  Even though there were more obvious benefits in Edgar's favour, he was not doing this for his own goals. He was generally doing it for her sake. Not his.

  "Alright. Tomorrow is a Saturday. I still need to work, but I'll be free on Sunday. I'll bring in some emo mags on Saturday and you can choose your look and on Sunday, we'll do it."

  Continuing that, Colette agreed to his plan.

  "Same time tomorrow like the others?" Colette asked.

  "Yeah, why not? I mean, there isn't gonna be others at that time. You'll be able to sneak in."

  "Sounds like a plan." Colette said. 

  With the conversation ended, They basically had nothing to do.

  "So… Should I leave or…" Colette pointed both of her index fingers to her right. "Leave?"

  "Nah, don't. You're good, Colette. Awesome, actually."

  "Was that a compliment I hear?" Colette asked the boy with a slightly mocking tone.

  "Uh… Yeah?"

  "Aw… Thanks!" Colette gave him a hug.  Edgar was red in the face again.

  Colette released him from the hug. "Ooh, it's kinda hot in here, non?" Edgar said, fanning himself with his hand.

  "You know French?" Colette asked.

  "School. And a little bit of French heritage.” Was what Edgar simply said in return. "Ohhh…" Colette added.

  "Now, how are you today?" Edgar said, attempting to start up a conversation.

  "Pretty good. What about you?" Colette said. "What about you?" was obviously a customary thing to say.

  "I"m fine, thank you." Edgar said. Edgar looked at her facial features, hair, mouth, eyes and all.

  Colette noticed this. "What's wrong with my face?" Colette skeptically asked.

  "No, nothing! I just wondered what you'd look like emo. Or with dyed hair. Pink would look great on you. Light pink. Not hot pink. That's too overboard on the pink." Edgar said the honest-to-goodness half-truth. One half was imagining her looks after the makeover and the other was just staring. Not in a creepy way though.

  "Wonder that too." Colette spoke. "Should I dye my hair a bit for the makeover though…"

  "Hm… Maybe a 'lil' bit? A few strands would work. Yeah, you'd look nice in it. Kinda cute, even." Edgar complimented. “Did I just compliment her? Pretty nice. Good job.” 

  “Yeah! I don’t know how to though.” Colette said, “Piece of cake.I could help with that.” Edgar scoffed,

  “You’re an emo fashion whiz along with the shy guy, hm? You really are really someone,” Colette said.

  “I guess so,” The teenager said. “I’m pretty cool, huh?” The teenager then flexed his left arm for a second.

  “Hihi! I guess you are.” The former cashier laughed. Her sharp teeth were showing via this action.

  “You’d also look pretty nice in a choker, y’know that?” Edgar said.

  “Ok, Oh Emo Fashion Critic Edgar!” Colette dedicated a few seconds of faux worshipping dedicated to the emo boy.

  “I guess that’s another one along with my title of “Epic Epic Brawer”. Emo Fashion Critic Edgar.” Edgar said smugly.

  Colette laughed. “Yeah, it definitely is a new title for you. Want more?”

  Edgar spoke. “Why not?”

  “Spend more time with me, then let’s talk about titles.” Colette smiled playfully.

  “Now who taught you bargaining- Good one though!” Edgar said. Edgar said that sentence in the exact same way you would say “Cheers!” after opening up a bottle of champagne. Edgar laughed brightly along with his words.

  “You look nice.” Colette pointed out.

  “Eh? Where did that come from?” Edgar exclaimed. Edgar swore he was on the brink of a heart attack.

  “Well, you look nice when you laugh, so… Yeah.” Colette told the teenager.

  “Ah, ok.” Edgar made a mental note: laugh/smile more.

  “Do ya like video games?” Edgar asked.

  “Yeah, of course I do. Why’d you ask?” Colette asked.

  “Well, assuming that you’re gonna dye your hair, we could play video games while waiting for it to set in.” Edgar said.

  Colette spoke. “Great idea. I like games from Wintendo. Games such as Platoon: Ink, Kart Racers 8 Deluxe and Brilliant Bash Bros.”

  “Oh, that stuff? I just have a Wintendo WS, so we can’t play co-op unless you have one too.” Edgar said.

  “We’re gonna do the makeover at your house, yeah?” Colette asked.

  ‘Huh? Yeah. Where else?” Edgar said.

  “Nothing else in mind. Does Byron know I’ll be coming soon?” “Naw, but I’ll tell him tonight.”

  “What if he doesn’t let me come?” Colette questioned.
Me 
  “Then we’ll go to Bibi’s place in Retropolis.” Edgar simply said. “Isn’t Retropolis dangerous though?” Colette queried.

  ‘Well, not very. There’s a gang there, but Bibi is in it. They don’t do much, they just ride their bikes and mark their turf. They only attack when someone trespasses but don’t leave any severe injuries on the victim. Plus, I won’t be attacked as I’m her bro and you won’t be attacked too, since you’re with me.” Edgar explained in a reassuring tone.

  “Ah, that’s better. Does she like video games too?” Colette questioned. “Yeah, the same ones that you like but a bit different.” Edgar replied. “She could settle for your ones though. Same as me, I could do that too.”

  "Examples of what kind of games she likes playing?"

  "Well, she likes Monster Hunter, Water Element, Breath of the Ocean and Kicks." Edgar listed. Bibi and him were definitely gamers, with Bibi being the more "gamer" out of them both.

  "Does she have the um… What is it called… Wintendo Prime? Like the one that you could play on the TV and handheld?"

  "Yep, she does." Edgar told her.

  “Cool!”