Chapter 7: What?!?!?!

Colette slipped through the security guards. Starr Park just closed, so they were on a decently high alert.

  Colette still wore her gift shop uniform. Best to blend in with her former co-workers. She still recognized them. Pete the security guard; Casey the barista; Norman the ticket seller went out of Starr Park’s entrance, heading back home.

  She snuck in via the same route she used to reach Edgar. She headed to the outskirts of Starr Park, where Edgar should be. She reached her way to the loading area. No Edgar.

  Colette was slightly dissatisfied. Has he forgotten already? Naive boy. Colette decided to find him. The first location? The gift shop.

  Colette weaved her way to the gift shop, making sure the security camera did not see her. If they did, she might as well get banned from the theme park, really. After about 25 minutes, she reached the Starr Park Gift Shop at last.

  Colette then took out her spare copy of her keys (that Griff didn’t know about) and put one of them into the keyhole and fumbled a bit with the key. The keyhole was jammed? She then twisted the key into the opposite direction and took it out. Then she twisted the doorknob. She must’ve locked the door, that means the door was opened by someone on purpose or has accidentally forgot to lock the door; Edgar unlocked it because he knew that she would find him there or… this was all a trap set by someone.

  Colette carefully snuck into the gift shop, just in case this was actually a trap set by someone. She analysed the room with her eyes. But really, what else would you use? Your nose? Unless it’s a stink bomb. (Ooh, sick self-burn. Now why am I congratulating myself for roasting myself?) But anyways, she looked around. Her eyes were quite good at spotting traps due to her multiple matches against Bo, a brawler who utilizes land mines as a weapon.

  There were none. She stuck to the shadows; better not to be seen. There was also a light that shone in the middle of the gift shop.

  A figure swung from the upper floor/balcony above her. They swung in front of her face, upside down. They then removed a little of whatever that was covering their face and said:

  “Hey.”

  “Wait, Edgar is that you?” Colette tried to stifle her laughing. And trust me, she was trying seriously hard.

  “Yeah, man.” Edgar responded.

  “Did you seriously do that intro just for me?” Colette asked. “And what for?”

  "I dunno. I just wanted to. Plus, I like parkour." Edgar shrugged and said with his scarf holding him upside down. "Yeah right. That was for nothing. Great job, Edgar. She was going to laugh at you too."

  "So uh… Anyways, we need to talk." Edgar announced while twiddling his thumbs.

  "What?" Colette asked.

  Edgar did a backflip and landed on the ground like a gymnast. "Your job."

  "I'm doing pretty nice with my job, thank you." Colette said.

  "No,no,no!" Edgar said urgently. I meant your previous one. The cashier job in the gift shop."

  Colette's eyes lit up. "Are you… Gonna help me get my old job back?!?!" She said this loudly out of excitement.

  "Well, promise that you're gonna hold in ya screams ok?" Edgar said.

  "Ok. I'll try my best." Colette responded.

  "Yes. I'm going to. I'm going to get your job back to you." Edgar said calmly.