Prologue 2

PROLOGUE TWO

"Gretel SyCip is our final resort."

"I'm not going to marry that bitch."

"Why not? She's extremely beautiful, sophisticated, graduated from Harvard with Latin honors, and is a model with the body of a wonderland. Also, she's fuckable." Dashiel counted, eyes on his glass of whiskey, not meeting the man's eyes in front of him as if he was Medusa, though you won't turn stone, you will turn into ashes. Literally and figuratively.

Hindi man nakikita ni Dashiel ang mukha ng kaharap ay alam niyang nanlilisik na ang mga mata nito, nagtatagis ang bagang at minumura ang kung sino mang Poncio Pilato. He could feel his rage radiating, Dashiel swallowed his whiskey, and from the corner of his eyes, he saw him grab another bottle of whiskey.

"No whiskey for now, Mr. Rozanov. Your wedding is about to start."

Kazmus tightened his grip on his rock glass, hating how his life had turned out like this. He knew this would happen, but he had not expected to need a wife at this instant. Morfeo gave him limited time.

Kazmus clenched his jaw and drank down his whiskey, ignoring Dashiel's warning. By the way, since when did he listen to anyone?

"We shall go. You must meet your bride first." 

Kazmus longed to flee and beg Morfeo for more time, but he knew it was impossible. First, no one knows where Morfeo is, and second, he refuses to abdicate his obligations.

He swallowed the remaining content of his glass, and stood, loosening his tie a little to breathe, and followed Dashiel to the door, which he opened for Kazmus. Hundreds of men in black lined up on both sides, avoiding meeting his eyes as Kazmus walked down the long corridor, appearing as dangerous as ever. Everyone was aware of their Boss's rules, and no one wanted to be on his wrong side just now. Dashiel trailed him from behind, as he normally does.

Kazmus and Dashiel entered through another door that one of his waiting men had opened.

A woman dressed in a white bridal gown stood inside. 

Kazmus gave her a quick glance and immediately despised her.

"Miss SyCip, this is Lord Kazmus Rozanov, your groom—"

There was a loud shriek, Dashiel blinked his eyes when the woman abruptly threw herself on Kazmus.

"I know—"

"BITCH!"

In just a blink of an eye, Kazmus bride slammed into the wall, aching and wailing in anguish.

Everyone in the room except Dashiel fled out like rats chased by a giant cat. Kazmus seethed in rage. His eyes darkened. Hinugot ni Kazmus ang baril at walang pagdadalawang isip na tinutok sa mapapangasawa. He was about to squeeze the trigger when Dashiel stepped in front of him and stopped him.

"GET OUT OF MY SIGHT, DASHIEL!"

Dashiel remained on his spot, straightening his back. This time he shows no submission.