14| Desparate Criminal

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"I don't have many physical possessions because I don't typically live in the luxury of my wealth, but name anything you want and you can have it, whether it's a city, a country, or even the stars. I can name all the stars you see in the sky by the name given to you."

Three days ago, I remember meeting a rugged, handsome pet owner. Una ko palang siyang makilala alam ko nang may kakaiba sakanya. His presence was powerful like he could fold a city with one look of his. Dashiel was tense around him, and so was Pushkin, his butler. They couldn't stare him in the eyes like they'd die if they did so. Kazmus has that power to make someone bow their head in submission, like the MIB Bratva yesterday, who showed fear and honor as he walked past them.

Pero hindi ko makita ang isang Gang leader ngayon sa harapan ko. Kazmus tantrums like he was possessed by a six-year-old boy who was spoiled by his parents. His desperation was so clear, like an open dictionary.

"Why are you so desperate to marry me?"

"I choose you."

"What?"

Iniwas niya ang tingin, magkasalubong ang mga kilay niya na tila may pait na naalala.

"I had never given a choice in my life, and when your photograph fell in my lap, I knew I would choose you, and I haven't regretted that choice so far. So, marry me?"

Sumimangot ako saka humalukipkip. His eyes were begging, and hopefulness filled them.

"No."

"Dammit!"

We were interrupted by a knock on the door. Bumukas ang pintuan at pumasok si Pushkin, may tulak-tulak na trolley kung saan kahit natatakpan ang mga laman ay humahalimuyak ang mga pagkain.

I completely ignored the fuming Kazmus as my stomach growled loudly. Hindi ko na naisip ang kahihiyan. Heck, they serve me chicken and I would not think twice about devouring it as I wasn't vegan. Ngayon ko lang naramdaman ang pagkagutom, naglalaway ang bibig ko at kahit pa ata panis ang ihain nila kakainin ko.

"Easy there, My lady. I brought you Veggies since I was informed of your preference of food. I am honored to present you with my specialties. This is Pea and Coriander Pesto — "

Pagbukas palang niya ng takip ng pagkain ay dinampot ko na ang plato at kutsara sa trolley at sinunggaban ang mga pagkain na parang Leon nang mahuli ang usa. Walang pumigil sa akin nang sabay-sabay kong sinubo ang mga gulay. Even if that was a poisonous plant, I would happily grind it between my teeth and swallow it.

Pushkin and his friends (na hindi ko napansin na pumasok din) watched me with wide eyes.

I heard someone chuckling softly. Ilang sandali lang ay naramdaman ko ang mga buhok ko na tumatakip at sagabal sa pagkain ko na nahawi mula sa likuran. Kazmus was now sitting next to me, holding my hair in one hand while the other pushed the empty plates away from me and replaced them with new plates full of food.

Now Pushkin and his friends watched us with wide eyes and slacked jaws.

→→→

Bluuuuuuurrrrpppp.

Napalabas si Meatballs sa coral na parang nagiba ang bahay nito. I giggled, caressing my round stomach.

"Ang bilis naman lumubo? Iniwan ko lang kayo saglit three months na ang laki!"

"What are you doing here?" Kazmus growled, eyes mauled over Dashiel. "Don't you have matters to attend to?"