The empty child

Estelle awoke with a big yawn while she stretched her arms high above her head, feeling more energised than she had in a long time. Looking over to her right, she noticed her brother was still sleeping soundly which caused her to smile mischieviously as an idea came to mind. She pulls the covers off her form and jumps off the bed onto the cold floor, sending a shiver up her spine, before making her way over to the side of his and placing her hands on the edge of his bed. Giving herself a count down from three, she boosts herself up to jump on top of him gaining a tired groan in reply. "Wake up sleepy head" Estelle exclaims with a beaming smile as he slowly peaks at her from under his duvet. "What did you do that for?" He whines trying to snuggle back under the covers only his sister wouldn't let him as she began to jump on the bed. "Im awake so i want you to be too" she states as if it was a perfectly reasonable argument. "Thats not a good enough reason" he tells her only to groan again as she falls back on to him to lay across his covered form. "Please, i want to do something" she begs with irresistible puppy dog eyes that he tries not to give into but eventually sighs and asks "how about we read a book?". Estelle nods happily at the suggestion as she remembers how they both used to love when their parents would read to them. "Tardis have you got any good mystery books" Pyxis asks the living time machine. She hums a yes before a few books appear on the bookshelf between their beds. Pyxis climbs out of bed to look through the many options until one hard cover catches his eye. "This looks good" he comments as he pulls out Sherlock Holmes from its place before climbing back up onto the bed to where Estelle was already relaxing comfortably against his pillows. Taking his place next to her, he pulls the covers over them and gets comfortable himself before he opens the book and begins to read aloud the mysteries of Sherlock Holmes and his partner Watson. 

About two hours later the Doctor passes by their room, heading towards the library only to stop in his tracks when he hears Pyxis' voice from inside. Finding himself feeling very curious about what he was doing, the Doctor slowly opens the door to peak inside only to smile at the sight of the twins cuddled up reading a good mystery book. Moving further into the room he asks them "are you enjoying it?". The two jump slightly in surprise from his question having been too into the book to take any notice of his prescence. "Yes we are its really interesting" Pyxis answers him with a small smile while putting a bookmark on their current page and closing it, leaving it at the bottom of the bed. "I agree. I enjoyed reading it myself a few years ago. How long have you both been up?" he asked them with a smile and his arms crossed across his chest. "A while" answers Estelle before a grin grows on her face "i woke up Pyxis by jumping on him". The Doctor chuckles slightly at her statement before turning his gaze to the male twin and saying "i wouldn't say that was very pleasant". "Not at all" nods Pyxis in agreement with a playful roll of his eyes. "How long have we been asleep?" he then curiously asks the time lord. "A day" states the Doctor causing the twins eyes to widen in surprise. How the hell did they manage to sleep that long?. "Wow i guess we really were tired" comments Estelle in shock. "Well now that your awake, how about i take you on your first adventure?" The Doctor offers with a grin watching in amusement how the twins instantly become excited. "Oh yes please" beams Estelle excitedly whilest jumping on the bed slightly from where she sat. "Well you best get dressed then" he instructs them with a smile before leaving the room. As soon as the door shut behind him, Estelle didn't wait a second as she grabbed the clothes she picked out yesterday from the bottom of her bed and immeaditly ran into the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. All the while her twin shook his head with an amused smile from where he still sat on the bed. 

An unknown object had captured the Doctors attention when the twins had joined him and Rose in the console room, giving him the initiative to follow it. This resulted in them landing in London, Earth which Pyxis and Estelle pouted at slightly as they were hoping for a planet they hadn't been to before. "Please don't fly like that again" pleads Estells once they exit the Tardis while she rubs her sore bum from the amount of times she fell during the rough flight. "I didn't want to lose it" the Doctor tells her along with an apologetic look that she accepts with a nod of her head. "I agree with her it wasn't pleasant" agrees Pyxis with his sister as he looks around at their night time surroundings. "Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into earth?" The Doctor asks as a welcome subject change. "Five days?" Rose guessed before jokingly asking "or is that just when we are out of milk?". "Of all the species in all the universe and it has to come out of a cow" Doctor deadpans with a grimace. "Whats wrong with cows?" Rose asks at the same time as the twins ask "what are cows?". However the Doctor doesn't answer either of them as he begins to walk off down an alley saying "must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile anyway and it can't have been more than a few weeks ago, maybe a month". "A month" Rose questioned confused "but we were right behind it". "Hang on, you said it was jumping time tracks right?" Estelle remembers causing the Doctor to grin and nod his head in confirmation. "You also said it was a basic computer, shouldn't you have been able to keep up?" Pyxis asks with a small teasing smile making the Doctor pout. The three of them chuckle at this, not being able to keep quiet when he makes teasing him so easy.