Christmas invasion

Pyxis and Estelle jumped awake from the sound of the door slamming closed and Rose shouting for Jackie. They both quickly climbed out of bed and moved to stand in the doorway right as Mickey ran past almost screeching "we just got attacked by Santa". This caused the siblings to share a very confused look between themselves before following Rose and Mickey to the living room. "Right, it's not safe we've got to get out" Rose told them "where can we go?". "My mate Stan he'll put us up" Mickey offers. "That's only two streets away" Rose remembers with a frown "what about Mo? Where's she living now?". Jackie shrugged "I don't know. Peak district". "Well we'll go to cousin Mo's then" Rose decides. Pyxis and Estelle didn't know who this 'Mo' person was but they knew it would be difficult to drag an unconscious Doctor to where ever Rose wanted to go. "No, it's Christmas Eve! We're not going anywhere. What are you babbling about?" Jackie quickly refuses. 

It was then that Rose, Estelle and Pyxis notice the new tree in the room. "That's a new tree" Pyxis points out his observation with his eyes narrowed in suspicion. "Where'd you get it?" Rose questions her mum with a bad feeling beginning to grow in her gut. "I thought it was you?" Jackie told Rose confused. "Jackie why would Rose get you a new tree when she seen you already had one?" Estelle questions the oldest Tyler feeling just as confused about the whole situation. "Well she went shopping, there was a ring at the door and there it was" Jackie explains. "It wasn't me" Rose slowly tells her mum making them all look at the tree in worry. 

The tree took that chance to light up all by itself and play jingle bells before the branches began rotating, cutting everything in it's path as it moved towards them. "Go, go, get out" Mickey ushers them all out of the sitting room and into the room the Doctor was sleeping in. Rose, Pyxis and Estelle then began trying to lift the Doctor to move him some place safer. While they were doing that, Mickey and Jackie moved the wardrobe over in front of the bedroom door to try and slow the killer Christmas tree down. "Doctor, wake up!" Rose cried out in panic as she listened to the tree make it's way closer and closer to them. Pyxis reached into the pocket of the Doctor's leather jacket and pulled out his Sonic screwdriver before placing it into his hand. Suddenly the wardrobe burst apart, pushing Jackie and Mickey back from the force. "I'm going to be killed by a Christmas tree" Jackie squealed in fear as she watched the tree creep closer to them. Estelle looked at the pale Timelord laying on the bed and tried one last thing. Leaning down towards his ear she whispered "please help us dad". 

Within seconds the Doctor jumped up off the bed and pointed his Sonic screwdriver at the tree making it burst into flames before disintegrating. The room went quiet as they all tried to catch their breath and relish in the feeling of relief. "Remote control" the Doctor states "but who's controlling it?". He then proceeds to put on a dressing gown and walk out the door with everyone following behind him. He stopped just outside and looked down at the three Santa's below them, one holding a a radio controller in his hand. Estelle and Pyxis realize that was what was controlling the tree. "That's them" Mickey states with worry in his tone "what are they?". The Doctor then pointed his screwdriver at them and they backed away before disappearing in tunnels of light. "They've just gone" Mickey notes in surprise before he snorts "what kind of rubbish were they? I mean no offence but they're not much cop if a sonic screwdriver is gonna scare them off". "Pilot fish" the three Time lords state in sync. "What?" Rose wonders in confusion of what they said. 

"They were just pilot fish" the Doctor tells her before gasping in pain and clutching his chest. "You woke me up too soon. I'm still regenerating. I'm bursting with energy" he says then releases a burst of regeneration energy into the air from his mouth. "We wouldn't have this problem if you had given us our own sonic screwdrivers" Pyxis points out. "Is now really the time?" The Doctor asks through a groan of pain. The twins shrug innocently and share a look "guess not". "The pilot fish could smell the energy from a million miles away. So they eliminate the defense, that's you lot" he gestures at all of them "then they carry me off. They could run their batteries off me for a couple of ow!". He stumbled forward to lean on the railing after crying out in pain and squeezed his eyes shut. Jackie placed her hands on his bended form to try and support him through the pain. "My head" the Doctor groaned "I'm having a neuron implosion. I need..." but before he could say what he needed Jackie interrupted and continued to do so. "What do you need?" She questioned him. "I need" he tried to say again. "Say it. Tell me, tell me tell me" she quickly said. "I need" he tried again. "Do you need aspirin?" Jackie asked making the Doctor groan. "Codeine, Paracetamol. Oh I don't know, Pepto bismal" the woman lists different kinds of pharmaceutical drugs. The twins in the mean time were struggling to hold in their laughter at the amusing scene because they knew it wasn't appropriated with the current situation. "I need!" He tried again but Jackie continued to list things. "Liquid paraffin. Vitamin C? Vitamin D? Vitamin E?". "I need!" He gasped out but Jackie continued "is it food? Something simple. Bowl of soup. Nice bowl of soup. Soup and a sandwich? Soup and a little ham sandwich?".

"I need you to shut up" he finally manages to say and by this point the twins cheeks were bright red because of how hard they were trying to hold their laughter in. "Oh, well he hasn't changed that much has he?" Jackie grumbles in annoyance. "We haven't got much time" he warns them through another groan of pain. "If there's pilot fish then...why is there an apple in my dressing gown?" He question in confusion pulling the named fruit of of his pocket. A short sputter of laughter is heard from Pyxis and Estelle before they manage to regain control of themselves. "Oh that's Howard, sorry" Jackie explains. The Doctor looks at her as if she's nuts "he keeps apples in his dressing gown?". "He gets hungry" Jackie tells him with a shrug. "What, he gets hungry in his sleep?" He asks her in confusion. "Sometimes" Jackie answers honestly. 

Before he can ask anymore questions on the topic he cries out in pain and begins to collapse, leaving Rose to try and support him. "Brain collapsing. The pilot fish" he gasped out through the pain as he struggled to tell them something. "Something, something.....something is coming" he managed to tell them before collapsing to the ground and passing out again.