Keeping them safe

All four of the Tardis occupants stepped outside its doors to stand in front of the legion of Darleks in front of them. However Estelle and Pyxis stayed slightly behind the Doctor in fear which they rightfully felt. Taking a chance Rose ran straight towards them just as the Darleks shouted "exterminate!". Jack caught Rose, pulling her behind him for safety while watching how the Darlek laser bounced off the invisible force field. The Doctor grinned triumphantly "is that it? Null points. That forcefield can hold back anything". "Almost anything" Jack just had to correct resulting in him gaining a slap on the arm from Estelle. He yelps slightly from the sting and looks down at the glaring girl with a sheepish grin. 

The Doctor held his hand up as a sign to tell his companions to wait while he stepped forward but stayed within the barriers of the forcefield. "Do you know what they call me in the ancient legends of the Darlek home world? The oncoming storm. You might've removed all your emotions but i reckon right down deep in your DNA, there's one little spark left and that's fear. Doesn't it just burn when you face me? So tell me, how did you survive the Time War?".

Through the darkness that covered the rest of the inside of the ship an electronic voice spoke up "they survived through me". Just the voice alone made Pyxis and Estelle freeze in their place, becoming filled with so much fear that they prayed whatever spoke would not show itself to them. Unfortunately they didn't get their wish. One by one the lights flashed on to slowly reveal a huge metal looking structure with a mutated Darlek in a small glass chamber. One look at the structure told Pyxis and Estelle everything they needed to know and the Doctor confirms their thoughts when he introduces them to it. "Rose, Jack, Pyxis and Estelle this is the emperor of the Darleks" The older Timelord tells them with clear surprise in his tone. He clearly wasn't expecting to be faced with an enemy such as this. This thought worried the twins as they shared a look and wondered how they would make it out of this situation?

The emperor only focused his attention on the Doctor as he spoke about what happened "you destroyed us Doctor. The Darlek race died in your inferno but my ship survived, falling through space. Crippled but alive". "I get it" the Timelord muttered in despair for the loss of his people only to find out more of their enemy had survived. Almost in sync the Darleks around them reacted immeaditely chanting "do not interrupt". Annoyance was quickly on the Doctors face from what the Darleks chanted "i think you're forgetting something. I'm the Doctor and if there's one thing i can do it's talk. I know five billion languages and there's not a thing you can do to stop me. So if anybody is going to shut up, its you!". The way he raised his voice with those last two words didn't only make the Darleks closest to them move backwards but made the twins jump as well. They both were already on edge and his shout was not helping in the slightest. Noticing how they reacted, Rose placed a reassuring hand on each of their shoulders while they wrapped an arm around her waist for comfort, squeezing themselves closer to her. "Okey dokey, so where were we?" The Doctor questioned in a fake playful tone. However on the inside he was filled with guilt at having scared the twins. That was deffinetly not his intention. 

"We waited here in the dark space, damaged but rebuilding. Centuries passed and we quietly infiltrated the systems of Earth, harvesting the waste of humanity. The prisoners, the refugees, the dispossessed. They all came to us. The bodies were filtered, pulped and sifted. The seed of the human race is perverted. Only one cell in a billion was fit to be nurtured". 

Estelle moved away from Rose and over to stand next to thhe Doctor, ignoring her brothers hand trying to pulll her back. "You made an army using dead humans. If you think about it, that makes you half human" her voice managed to speak up while her stomach turned unpleasantly at the thought. "Thoose words are blasphemy" the emperor states loudly causing her to hide behind the Doctors legs. The older Timelord places a gentle hand on top of her head for comfort without taking his eyes off the Darleks. The emperor continued speaking while the Doctor looked like a light bulb just lit up over his head "everything human has been purged. I created pure and blessed Darleks".