Chapter 3: "It's him!"

Britney's POV

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Rita. Happy birthday to you"

We're here at our favorite restaurant. Today is September 15, 2021 and my bestfriend just turned 25 today.

"C'mon bakla! Blow the candle na!" and she followed what I said. I am seeing a huge smile at her face. 

"It's this time again that I really feel happy. Birthdays are really the most important occasions in my life." she said as she sat back.

We occupied one big room at this Asian cuisine buffet resto across the district. It is just around 5 minute drive from the hospital where I work. 

Suddenly, Rita's phone rang, "Hey Mommy!"

Her family called her through Viber chat, and Rita placed the water pitcher at a position where the phone can be put to stand.

"Happy birthday my baby girl!" her mom greeted her. "Happy birthday Ate! Happy birthday anak!" her father and younger brother responded in unison. They are all waving in the video.

I, then, suddenly popped up beside her to also wave to her family, "Hi Tita! Hi Tito! Hello baby Daniel" they are all smiling.

"Oy Britney, wag mong pakainin ng marami yang kaibigan mo, Baka lumobo yan ng lumobo"

I chuckled. Her mom is just so cute.

"Naku po Tita. I can't assure you that. Eh nakakailang order na 'to ng chicken wings ngayon eh."

"Grabe naman Baks! Birthday ko naman today, pagbigyan mo na ako" she gently slapped my arm then looked at the phone, "Mommy, promise, after nito, diet na talaga ako, promise"

Her family bade goodbye. We then finished our dinner as her simple birthday celebration. We paid and we're now off home.

While in the car, we had a little conversation.

"Huyy baks! Kanina sa ospital sino ba yung lalaki sa parking lot?" I started.

"Sino? Yung lalaking nakared?"

"Yup" I opened one of the desserts we had for takeaway. "Don't tell me, you're dating secretly huh?"

"Ano ka ba? Sira ka talaga!" she then asked for her portion.

"Eh sino nga kasi yun. Pagpasok ko ng sasakyan kanina, nakatingin ka lang sa labas eh. Tapos si Kuyang nakared tulaley sa parking lot. Binasted mo siya no?"

"Ikaw, Britney, issue ka ha. Hindi ko nga kilala yung lalaking yun eh."