Chapter 5: "Is It You?"

Rita's POV

It was a Sunday morning when I started packing my things up in my luggage. 

I opened the door and there I found Britney cooking breakfast for us. I can smell the aroma of buttered pancakes and coffee, a perfect combination for a Sunday breakfast. 

I sat on the table where the plates and utensils had been placed already.

"Aga mo yata nagising today?" she asked me as she placed the pancakes on my plate and handed me the brewed coffee she made.

"Baks, may good news ako" I started as I took my first sip on my coffee.

Britney's eyes widened as she asked, "Why, may boyfriend ka na?"

I nearly overturned my cup of coffee with her question. I disagreed.

"Of course not! May dumating lang na work"

"Ahhh talaga Baks?"

I handed her my phone as I showed the email of my boss saying that the newly arrived work will be passed to me. He had already given me the heads up prior to this, a couple of days ago, but the details were not sent yet. Until last night.

"Galing talaga ng baks ko" she said as she finished her pancakes.

"Eh malayo pala yan. Kailan alis mo?" she continued.

"Bukas?"

"Ha? Bukas agad baks. Ano walang pasabi man lang?"

"Actually nakaempake na nga ako. Ready na yan for tomorrow. Sir got me the earliest flight available."

"Eh ilang araw ka daw doon magtatagal baks?" she seemed to be worried that much. Hey! Such a cutie.

"I don't know actually. Di pa ako binilhan ng returning flight ticket ni Boss eh. Di ko pa kasi alam kung mga ilang araw yung aabutin ko sa pagplano at pagdesign"

Britney stood up from her chair, walked towards me, and surprised me with the warmest hug.

"Ughhhh I'll miss you"

"Ahmmm since tonight will be your last night..." 

"Baks, grabe para namang mamamatay na ako bukas niyan" I chuckled a bit 'coz what she's saying was a bit off.

"Uy hindi naman. I mean since bukas na yung flight mo and baka di rin tayo magpang-abot bukas ng umaga, ahmm we should do something tonight"

"Ahmmm" I was thinking of something that we can do later, "what if we'll go out na lang for dinner, diyan lang sa may malapit na foodpark oh"