Chapter 12: "Shall we?"

Ken's POV

It was just 7 o'clock in the morning when I gave Rita a wake up call. Today is Sunday and it means no work day for us so I asked her out. 

Let me clarify it, this is still part of my plan. 

"Rita, may gagawin ka ba today? Just want to invite you for a lunchdate"

"Wow may palunchdate ang boss ko. Anong okasyon? Wala pa naman tayong natatapos na part ng project ah"

"Oh bakit. Kailangan ba laging may okasyon para yayain ka?"

She shook her head. It was cute. Yeah, and back to the old me, I was just looking at her.

I booked this fancy restaurant that had fairy lights in its alfresco dining area. It was more of a porch or garden or lanai than a restaurant. It looked really comfy from its looks.

"Parang ang sarap naman dito. Mukhang mamahalin na naman dito Boss ah" and I saw her removing her seatbelts. She carefully brought the belt strap back to its origin. I smiled, perfectly the same huh.

"Siyempre. Diba pumayag ka nang maging friends tayo? Bumabawi lang ako sa pagsusungit ko sayo. Tara baba na tayo"

She was about to open the door of the front seat when I held her arms and shook my head, "Ako na. Gentleman din naman ako ah"

"Wow, ikaw gentleman boss. Kailan ha? Pero dahil ikaw naman ang magbabayad sa kakainin natin, fine. Hahayaan kita"

When we entered the resto, we were immediately directed to our booked seats. I nodded to the usher, signalling him to serve now our foods.

"Saan mo gustong pumunta after natin dito?" I asked.