⤅ #12.

(lowercase intended.)

-

"[name] ! where were you ? we looked around the whole campus and we didn't see you anywhere ! what the heck where you doing ?" 

you didn't have a proper answer for kanzaki's concerned words . you just stayed there in silence , hoping she'd forget and move along. 

"well , it's whatever. quick, let's get to the stage already, the performance starts in a while !"

as you'd hoped , she'd forgotten. the girl took your hand, dragging you along with her to the stage where the other band members seemed to be warming up. 

as soon as you'd gotten into your position with your instrument, you heard the biology teacher's sweet voice.

"and now , we have the school band with a wonderful song they've prepared for us !!"

with that , the curtain raised and so did the feminine shrieks, almost all at the sights of sabito and tengen, the band's main visuals .

your eyes scanned the audience for a certain long haired boy, but alas you caught no sights of him .

now was not the time to be distracted . you took a deep breath, before you heard sabito's quick countdown . 

it was almost perfect how well tengen's deep , sultry voice went with each and every one of the instruments . the performance was going perfectly well .

in the last moments , you happened to take notice of a group of a few people rushing through the crowd , trying to get up front . you tried not to have this distract you , but it was undeniable seeing them had bought such immense amounts of joy to you . 

you looked at the one up front , who seemed to apologetically gaze up at you , and returned a similar gaze , following that up with a cheeky smile as you turned your focus back onto what you were doing , not wanting to ruin this for the rest of the band . 

"koku , i swear if that person doesn't like you , you have no need to be doing all this for them . what they did to you just now was a shitty thing to do and-" before hakuji could finish speaking , michikatsu , who hadn't even taken his eyes off of you had pressed his index finger against his lips to silence him . "shh . if you were in the state they were in , you would've done just this too . now shut the fuck up and listen ."

your bit your lower lip as your focus increased further , strumming the strings of your instruments in perfect balance with the others , often giving michikatsu looks of delight . 

eventually , the performance had come to an end , and tengen had thanked the audience , the rest of you bowing before the whole band turned to leave the stage . when you stepped backstage , there were people all around telling you about how good your performance was , and congratulating you and such . you were thankful , yes . but none of these students were the one you were looking for . 

as you scanned the area , you soon heard the distant call of your name approaching from seemingly , afar . 

you turned around to see it was , only to find your roommate . "i know who you're looking for . he's outside , told me to tell you to come meet him ." said he , smiling softly at you as though for reassuring you . 

you returned his smile , giving him a thankful nod before you ran off out of the backstage area and into the grounds , soon spotting the same group you'd seen earlier trying their best to get through the crowd . 

it was time to talk it all out with him .

it was time , to decide what it was that was going on between the two of you . 

-

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

~

~

~

~

_____________________________________

#12. COMPLETE.

.

____

A/N : WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANOTHER CHAPTER im sorry there's a change of writing style again , i do that often recently . ANYWAYS , let's all hope and pray i don't lose my motivation again and return with the next chapter in 2022 .