~06

Charlie smiled as she walked into Grace's bedroom. She looked to her sister and smiled. "Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

"I guess," Grace said as she sat in bed.

Charlie looked to her and smiled. "I know your head is a mess with Lowsley. But you should know that something happened with me and Tyler too. I know how you feel. And how messy it is," Charlie said.

Grace smirked. "I never thought Tyler would overstep the mark with a pupil," she mused.

Charlie nodded and sighed. "I know. It's a mess. But it happened. And he thinks we can have more. I can't go there. I mean you know how protective dad has become lately. And I just can't," she told her sister.

Grace nodded. "I know. I mean the last thing I want to be is the slutty girl who sleeps with her teacher. I just... a lot is going on. And it's the last thing I need. But I also can't stop thinking about it," she said.

Charlie smiled as she looked to her. She nodded. "I know. But it'll be okay. You're okay. I know things have been hard since the abortion. And dad is being overprotective," Charlie said.

Grace smiled as she looked to her. "I'm fine. You don't need to worry about me," she told her.

Charlie glanced at her sister and sighed. She knew her sister. And she knew she was far from fine.

****

Charlie got to school and groaned as she saw Max. They made eye contact for a moment as she walked off in the opposite direction.

Max walked after her. He grabbed her and pulled her into a classroom. She looked to him and glared. "What?" She asked.

Max looked to her and smirked. "I wanted to see you," he told her.

Charlie groaned and rolled her eyes. "I don't want to see you. Look, we're not together. We hooked up once and it was a mistake. I'm not going to be that girl. So you should stay away from me," she said.

Max grabbed her arm and pulled her close. He kissed her. Charlie pulled away and slapped him. Max grabbed her again and kissed her harder.

Charlie kneed him in the balls and walked towards the door. She turned to Max. "You touch me again, and I will ruin you," she spat as she walked out.

She walked down the hall. Charlie felt like she couldn't breathe. She was having a panic attack. She knew the way that Max and his crap had brought back bad memories. And it reminded her about what she and Grace went through because of her mum's boyfriend. And it scared her.

****

Charlie sat in the common room. She felt as if she couldn't breathe. And that it was all too much. And she was scared. She didn't know what to do.

But little did she know how her thing with Max was going to bring back bad memories of her past.

Charlie had no idea how bad it would affect her. Especially when she knew that it was over with. And how everything for her was going to change.

And it wasn't going to be for the best.