~01

A/N - Grace Clarkson along with any kiddies belong to Carolineeexx.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Charlie arrived outside her dad's house. She looked at the clock. It was 4:30am. Charlie had to leave her mum and step-dad's house early. She knew she wouldn't be able to leave if the two of them had been awake.

Charlie knocked the door. She saw the hallway light turning on. Charlie's dad opened the door. He frowned. "Charlie?"

"Hi dad."

Tom brought his daughter inside. She was the youngest of his twins. There was 10 minutes between Grace and Charlie. He pulled her into his arms. "Why are you here?" He asked.

"I got bored and tired of mum," she said. She knew it was a lie and that she needed to escape. She needed to feel safe and she wasn't.

***
Tom woke when he knew he had to. He saw Charlie sitting up with Grace. The two of them were talking in hushed voices. Tom knew something was bothering his two daughters. He didn't think it was something too bad though. But he was wrong.

His two girls walked in. "Morning."

"Morning," Grace said. She was trying to stop her sister from crying and blurting out what had happened back with their mum.

***
Tom went to speak with Rachel about enrolling Charlie into the school. Rachel looked at him. "Another daughter?" She asked.

Tom laughed. "Yeah. She turned up at half 4 this morning. She says she's not going back to her mum's."

Rachel nodded and smiled. "Well, luckily we have a space available in year 10," she said.

"Thanks Rach. She'll work hard I know she will," Tom told her as he left the office.

***
Grace looked at Charlie. "He started on you too didn't he?" She asked.

Charlie nodded and sighed. "Yeah. I couldn't go through it all. Not after what it's done to you," she mumbled.

Grace held her close. Charlie broke down crying. Grace sighed. "We can't tell dad. He will kick off," she said.

Charlie nodded. She knew she needed to act like nothing had happened. But how did she do that?

***
Tom walked into the house. He saw Charlie sitting on the sofa with a bottle of vodka. "What the?"

"Hi daddy. Just helped myself to a drink," Charlie said. Acting out and getting drunk was her way of forgetting what happened.

Tom sighed and sat with her. "I know something is bothering you. I'm not gonna pressure you to tell me. But when you want to talk, I am here."

"Thanks dad."

***
Charlie fell asleep after she passed off from the drinking. She groaned and rolled her eyes as Tom walked in. "Everything okay?"

Charlie pouted. "My head kills. Did I really drink a whole bottle of vodka?" She asked.

Tom nodded. He smirked. "Expensive too. I'm not impressed."

***
Grace looked at Charlie. "Getting bladdered isn't the way to deal with it," she told her.

"It's my way of dealing with it."

Grace sighed. She needed to help Charlie keep quiet. If they spilled what had happened, then they could lose their father.