~04

Charlie sat in the kitchen as Tom stood pacing in front of her. She looked at him and sighed. "Please say you believe me dad," she said.

Tom smiled. "Of course I believe you. Is this why you and Grace have been acting off?" Tom asked.

Charlie nodded. "Mum wanted us here. She wanted to protect us. But there's something you need to know about. It's about Grace. He got her pregnant and she won't talk about it. She won't talk to anyone. I'm worried," she said.

Tom sighed. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He couldn't believe that his ex had let their girls go through all of that.

Tom walked over to Charlie and pulled her into a hug. He smiled as he kissed the top of her head. "You're here now. You're my daughter and I love you and Grace. It will be okay. I'm your dad and I won't let anyone hurt you," Tom said.

Tom was angry. He was angry that his daughter's had been through that and he was angry that he didn't know what they were going through and he wanted to make the scum who had touched his girls pay.

****

Charlie got to school and sat in the common room. Grace walked in and looked at her. "Why did you tell dad?" She asked.

Charlie looked at her and sighed. "You know why I did. He had to know. He's our father. Did he talk to you?" She asked.

Grace nodded. "He wants us to go to the doctors and get checked out. He said he would go with me for an abortion. I know why you did this. It's cause I'm pregnant isn't it? And how I've been avoiding the subject. I was hoping it would go away. It's just hard to think about."

Charlie looked at her and smiled. She placed a hand on top of hers. "You're not alone. We're in this together. I promise," she said.

Grace looked to her for a moment and smiled before she hugged her sister and grinned. "I've got you. Always."

****

Charlie sighed to herself as she walked into Max's office. She looked to him and sighed. "You wanted to see me?" She said.

"I spoke to your father. And I know what's going on. I wanted to see if you were okay?" Max asked.

Charlie sighed. "He told you about my mum's boyfriend?" She asked as she sat down.

Max nodded and smiled. "He told me and Miss Mason. So we can keep an eye on your sister and you," Max explained. He looked at her.

Charlie sighed. "I don't need your pity. I'm fine," she said as she went to leave.

Max sighed. "I never said it was pity. But I know what it's like to be abused. I was too. I know what you're going through," he said as he stood up and walked over to her.

"You were?"

Max nodded and sighed. "By my father. You're not alone," he said as he placed a hand on her cheek.

They held a look for a moment before Max leant in and kissed her. Charlie froze for a moment before she kissed back. Charlie knew it was wrong. But could she stop herself from getting involved with Max Tyler?