~05

Charlie's head was a mess. She couldn't believe that she had kissed Max Tyler. She knew that he was the executive head. And she knew it was all a mess. Especially all that they had been through. Her and Grace.

Charlie knew that she wanted to focus on school and getting better. Charlie walked into the kitchen and smiled as she saw Tom who smiled at her. "How are you feeling?" Tom asked.

Charlie looked at him and nodded. "I will be. How's Grace?"

"She's okay. She's been withdrawn since she had the abortion. She blames herself for what happened. And she thinks she's a murderer. She's not herself. She's going back to school today. Just keep an eye on her," Tom said as Charlie looked at him and smiled. Tom sighed. "You don't need to worry. I'm here. And I'm going to look after you. That monster won't hurt you or Grace again. I swear on my life."

Charlie looked at her dad and smiled. "Thanks dad. I love you," she said as Tom pulled her close and held her.

Tom smiled knowing that there anything he wouldn't do for his girls.

****

Charlie got to school and saw Max as he walked over to her. "We need to talk," he said as he followed her down the corridor.

Charlie looked at him and rolled her eyes. "I don't think that we do. My head is a mess. And I don't want to talk about how I kissed you," Charlie said.

Max sighed and looked at her. "Charlie. It's not like that," he said.

Charlie looked to him and sighed. "What is it like? I'm going through a lot and the last thing I need is you," she said.

Max nodded. "I get that. But have you been thinking about it as much as I have. As I think we could be great together," Max said.

"It's illegal. And I've already had it with bad men. And I don't need to add you to the list. So leave me alone," Charlie said as she walked off.

Charlie walked down the hall and sighed to herself. She knew it was hard and it seemed like she was playing hard to get. But she knew she couldn't go there with Max.

Not when the abuse was still fresh in her head. She wanted to try and do the right thing for once. Even though it seemed as it was impossible right now.

****

Charlie walked into the common room and smiled as she saw Grace. She walked over and sat next to her sister and grinned. "Hey stranger. Where have you been?" Charlie asked.

Grace looked at her and smiled. "I know dad asked you to keep an eye on me. But you don't need to. I'm fine. I really am. Look, I need to speak to you. I did something stupid," Grace said.

Charlie looked at her sister and frowned. "Oh?"

"I slept with Mr Lowsley," Grace said.

Charlie frowned. Not believing what she was hearing. Realising that she and Grace were both in similar circumstances when it came to Max and Simon.