~08

Charlie was worried. She knew how she told Tom the truth about what happened. And she was scared.

She was scared about what was going to happen. She knew her father's temper. How he would do anything for his girls.

Charlie walked into Grace's room who looked up at her. She sighed. "Why didn't you tell me. He can in and ambushed me Charlie. I should have known you told him. We should have told him together," Grace said.

Charlie looked to her sister and smiled. "I know. I'm sorry. I should have told you and I didn't. I didn't plan on telling him. He was just there you know? And it happened. I cracked. It was all getting too much. You know that we couldn't keep this hidden forever," she said

Grace looked to her sister and smiled. "I know. You know he is planning to go and see mum. And tell her what he thinks. Dad is the only decent parent we have. I just don't want him to do something stupid. I don't want to lose our dad," she said as Charlie looked to her and smiled.

Charlie knew how Grace had a reason to be worried. She was also worried too about it all.

****

Charlie walked into school with Grace. Tom was gone but the time they woke up. And they were worried.

Charlie groaned as she saw Max. He walked over to her. "Charlie. Can I have a word?" He asked as she looked to him and groaned. She followed him into the office and looked to him.

She knew that she was annoyed over how he almost forced himself onto her.

"Look. I know that you are mad at me. I know that I let you down. I am sorry. I just thought you liked me," Max said.

Charlie looked to him and smiled. "I do. But there's no reason for what you did. My mother's boyfriend forced himself on me and Grace. And it brought back memories. I only just told my dad. And it's a mess," Charlie said as Max looked to her. He was shocked at what he was hearing.

He pulled her close and hugged her and smiled. "I know that things are a mess. But I am here for you. No matter what happens," he told her as Charlie smiled.

She knew how messy they things were. And she hated it. But she knew that Max had her feel safe.

****

Charlie sat in her room. She looked up as a worried Grace walked in. Charlie looked to her. "Are you okay?" Charlie asked.

"Dad is back," she said as Charlie frowned.

She followed her down the kitchen. They frowned as they looked to Tom as he placed clothes into a bag. He washed his what seemed to be bloody hands.

The twins looked to each other and frowned. They were worried about Tom. And what was going on. They were worried about just what their father could have done.

But did the Clarkson twins really have a reason to be worried?