The Beginning

Hi guys, Welcome to the The way the Wind Howls. 

I know this has a slow start, please bare with me. I'm trying to set the stage and i'm also trying to do the story justice. I edit my chapters myself and I like for the chapters to flow and sound as well written as possible so its taking me a while to get each chapter up. But still, I'm trying to be quick because this story is so worth it! And honestly, trust me; you will not  regret even a second you spend on this story! 

Please Enjoy, like, comment and vote! I will genuinly appreciate it. Thanks for checking this story out! 

Jermaine xx

***

It had taken me nearly twelve hours in the Plane to get from London, located in the South-East of England to Wolverstone, Arizona here in the States. It hadn't been easy, emotionally and physically- not that I'd walked the distance. Even as a She-wolf it would most probably take me a full three days or something- it's not that I was weak. I was a strong wolf, but my problem was that I was lazy. There was also the fact that I wasn't mentally prepared to make such a long journey on my own, in wolf-form, just after... no. I wasn't going to think about that- besides, even if I did travel in Wolf form, how the hell was I supposed to cross the massive sea splitting America and England? I could barely swim the length of a Swimming pool; forget the Atlantic Ocean; which was ironic considering the type of family I came from.

I was born and bred in London; my dad had been the Alpha of the Narrayah pack, situated in North West England- not that I knew much about him- or them. Grandmother had told me that I'd barely been a day old when the rogues had attacked; killing everyone in their path. They'd been after something and no one knew what. Dad had been killed that day, brutally murdered in front of everyone. Mom had died soon after, not being able to take the loss of her mate.

Grandmother had taken it as her duty to bring me up. She'd brought me to London, and given me the life of a normal teenager- until I hit the age of puberty and began to change.

We weren't a part of a pack back in England, just some werewolf families living together in harmony with the humans. We never hurt the humans and in return the humans never got suspicious and treated us with equal respect.

Grandmother frequented Billy Grazier, he was like a priest or a fortune-teller, but the werewolf kind. By the time I was fifteen, he'd become like a family friend. He was the one who'd told Grandmother that we weren't safe and that someone was looking for us.

That had been the start of Grandmother's paranoia and my training. Billy took charge, teaching me how to fight, defend myself- both in Wolf and Human form. I hadn't realised till then that Billy was EXTREMELY strong. He really didn't look it.

As my training went on, Grandmother decided that wasn't enough. Finally realising how important it was for me to live in a legitimate Wolf pack, she contacted my maternal Uncle- someone who I hadn't even realised existed.

Michael Hunter was my mom's older brother. I had never seen him before but one look at him and I instantly knew we were related. I'd seen pictures of my mom and he had the exact same eyes as her. Michael lived in the States with his wife and two kids Victoria and Ryan. The day Michael had arrived, we'd skyped his family and I'd never felt so...elated; I had lived my entire sixteen years with only Grandmother to call family and now I'd discovered a whole other family that didn't hesitate to make me feel comfortable and welcome and most importantly, a part of them. I spent hours talking to both Ryan and Victoria; Ryan being only a year older than me whilst Victoria was twenty-one.

Michael and Grandmother spent a lot of time alone in her office during his visit. Deep discussions took place, sometimes with Billy's presence and sometimes without. Despite being sixteen and fully able to fend myself against probably a dozen wolves, both my Grandmother and Michael didn't think me old enough to know what was really going on...