Three

[RECAP]

"Geez Ryan, why are you being so protective!?" I asked trying to keep up with him.

He rolled his eyes "I'll stop after we go see Nathan" He stated, steering us through the mass of teenagers. Wow, for a small town, there were a lot of high school kids here.

"And why is this Nathan so important? Well apart from being heir to the Alpha seat"

Ryan looked at me, taken aback "You know?"

I nodded, feeling smug "Duh. Your dad told me. So is it really important for me to see Nathan?"

Ryan nodded

"Why?"

He shrugged. "Just a process. He sees you, he befriends you. Then no one trouble's you"

I tilted my head, thinking about this "Oh, right. So basically you just want me to get his approval so everyone knows I'm friends with someone important so they can't bother me?"

"Yes" he answered, the word barely audible because of the loud music- and probably because Ryan was gritting his teeth.

I considered this for a moment. Well... here's to hoping this Nathan guy wasn't a jerk.

***

We walked through the senseless crowds- the fact that all these kids were Werewolves...I was seriously having trouble getting my head around that concept. I always assumed Werewolves were a minority but clearly I was wrong-or maybe I was right in England and wrong in America...whatever. I just had to get used to it all.

Ryan eventually led me into a small alcove. It was lit with dim lamps, girls hung around the place like flies and two guys stood at the entrance like guards. It somehow reminded me of Billy's place...

Ryan stopped. I barely managed to stop myself from barrelling into his back.

"Hey Nate- What the hell are you doing!?" Ryan exclaimed, rushing up to the guy who I supposed was Nate, and snatching the knife out of his hand. Wait, knife!?

"That son of a bitch deserves to-"

"Stop man. He's not worth it!"

The other guy snarled and shrugged out of Ryan's hold and stepped back, eventually falling into a chair. He rubbed his hand over his face and then through his hair.

"Make sure I never see his face again. Get him out of Wolverstone immediately"

Ryan nodded and flipped out his phone, his expression now urgent.

I stood there slightly out of place. I had no idea what was going on but my gut was saying I should move, before something happened that I wasn't prepared for-

"You must be Evianna"

I blinked, looked up and blanched. He was talking to me right?

The guy waited patiently for my reply. Eventually, I nodded.

"Sorry about the...erm..." He nodded over to the knife that Ryan had chucked on the floor earlier.

I nodded again. Geez, how was one supposed to talk the heir of an Alpha? Like, Michael had said to be courteous and polite...but that was towards the Alpha...

"You can relax. I'm okay now" A hint of a smile played at his lips as he watched me. I however still had no idea how to respond.

"Oh- good. You introduced yourself?" Ryan walked over, looking at Nate.