Prologue

The eight-year-old Keiran Adler snuck out of the house because he was so bored indoors. The child rode his bike to the park and lingered there for a while to get some fresh air. When the thick, dark clouds eventually covered the entire sky, the atmosphere abruptly altered, indicating that a very heavy downpour was about to arrive.

After noticing the odd weather, Keiran went back to his bike and departed from the area where raindrops were starting to fall heavily. The boy accelerated as the road started to become slick. He continued to ride his bike despite the fact that the rain had already saturated his entire body. He had no idea that a large truck was approaching.

The truck was moving in an unsteady way.

The large droplets that covered the windshield prevented the driver from seeing the young boy in front of him until it was too late. Because the truck's tires were skidding on the pavement, he beeped the horn as he struggled to step on the brake.

On the other hand, Keiran was startled when he heard the loud noise coming from the truck behind him. When the truck's tires abruptly went off the road, he tried to run his bike faster to avoid it, causing him and his bike to plummet to the ground. Because of his damaged ankle, he is unable to even move. He was left with no choice but to close his eyes as the vehicle approached him.

Then, as if it were his hallucinations, he felt someone abruptly seize him from where he was. Keeping his eyes closed prevented him from being able to fully comprehend what had occurred.The rain abruptly began to gently stop. Before he knew what was happening, he sensed being laid on a hard surface. Its ruby eyes and pale skin gradually came into focus as he struggled to open his eyes.

Then, gradually, his vision became fuzzy until everything was completely black.