Chapter 3

On his way towards the campus gate, Lucien could see the black sedan parked in front of the gate. As he nearly approached the car, a man with black shades and a suit emerged.

"Good to see you, young master. Lord Caspian  and Lady Lumine assigned me to be your chauffeur from now on." The man introduced himself to the boy.

Lucien snickered and mumbled, "Another for a show-off, huh?"

The man then went to the driver's seat and began driving.

"Daemi is home!" Announced a young boy, about ten years younger than Lucien. Who else would it be aside from his younger brother, Darcus?

"Welcome home, brother!" The little boy blissfully welcomed his brother with his cute chubby cheeks and round golden eyes that sparkle every time the light reflects on them.

"I told you not to call me that name." he firmly said as he gave the little boy a piercing glare. The boy looked down with teary eyes.

"I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me." the little boy mumbled.

"Where are they?" Lucien asked with an expressionless face. Unlike other older siblings who seemed to be so close with their younger siblings, Lucien prefers to mind his own business than spend time with his brother. It was like he was putting walls between them for no reason. However, he still protects him like what older brothers always do.

"Lord Caspian and Lady Lumine went to an important meeting, young master." the boy didn't ask any follow-up questions to the butler and headed towards his room, leaving his brother downstairs.

Upon entering his room, he made sure the door was locked to keep his nosy little brother from entering. He then listlessly threw his body on the bed and kept his eyes focused on the dark ceiling.

Lucien couldn't help but shed a smirk when Keiran's face suddenly popped into his mind.

---------------------------------

"So, How was convincing Mr. Stern-faced-newbie guy?" Keiran rolled over to face the screen of his laptop.

"Do I look like I'm enjoying huh? Thanks to you I faced him ALONE earlier, tsk!" He heard his friend Rytz chuckle.

"You're the ones pushing me to convince him, and yet you're no help at all." The boy pouted like a child whining at his mother.

"Aw, Keiran I'm really sorry, something came up. I didn't know Krist also left you, tsk!"

"Eh? Didn't I tell you I have to leave early because I need to get Kevin from his school?" Keiran just shook his head upon sensing the tension between his two friends. Was he the one who was supposed to scold these two?

"Stop it you two, I don't want my screen to crack with your silly banter." Both of his friends finally stopped and promised to help him next time.

"Oh, by the way, speaking of that newbie..."

"What, what about him?" Krist asked.

"Don't you think he's kinda cute?" Rytz said and giggled. 

"Cute my butt, tsk! Arrogant you say." Keiran implied. Just thinking about that stern-faced, arrogant person made his blood boil. If it's not for the sake of their organization, he wouldn't exert too much effort tailing him, tsk.

"Oh, come on. Maybe he's trying to adjust. I'm sure we'll be friends soon." Rytz uttered.

"Quite optimistic. " Krist commented.