Chapter 2

"I'm Lucien Hart..." His deep voice brought Keiran to raise a glance at the transferee. 

Strangely, Keiran couldn't take his glance off to the new kid.  His piercing, steely look made him feel like he had been instantly frozen. 

"Why does it feel like I've already seen those eyes?" The boy thought.

When Lucien noticed Keiran glancing at him, Keiran hurriedly averted his gaze. Keiran noticed an unexpectedly unusual aura surrounding the newcomer.

"I think he's still shy, but don't worry. I'm sure all of you can be friends soon." The teacher awkwardly uttered when Lucien didn't say anything apart from his name.

"So, you can take that vacant chair beside Keiran." Keiran remained seated upright as he observed the transferee approaching the empty seat next to him.

"Oh, and by the way Keiran. Can you take Lucien on a campus tour during the break?" Keiran's eyes widened in bewilderment. He's been stressing about saving their club, and now their adviser wants him to take this mysterious-looking guy around the school.

"Is it alright with you Keiran? "

"Ah, yes ma'am." He answered.

"Alright, so now let's begin our new discussion for today. Get your textbook and turn it to page... "

Following the teacher's instructions, everyone took their books and turned them to the relevant page while paying close attention to the discussion.

Despite appearing to be looking at his book, Keiran's mind was nowhere to be seen. He's too focused on the assignment the teacher gave him earlier. He discreetly turned to Lucien and saw the details that had before escaped his attention.

The young man was so preoccupied with the newbie that he failed to see that Lucien was already glancing his way.

"What?" He coldly asked which made Keiran come back to reality.

Keiran didn't trace even a pinch of expression in his eyes.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to stare." The boy apologized and awkwardly went back to the textbook.

Damn it Ran, how could you get yourself busted?

He frustratingly mumbled to himself before slightly leaning towards Krist who was sitting in front of him.

"Psst! Krist." He minimized his voice to avoid disturbance in the class.

"What is it?" Krist replied.

"Can you come with us later? I don't think I can act normal with him." He asked.

"Oh sorry pal, but I need to be at the library to research for our report tomorrow. Why don't you ask Rytz instead?"

"Eh? Okay fine, I'll just ask her later." Keiran sighed.

"So, Keiran. What is saltwater intrusion?" He suddenly froze when the teacher called his name.

"Oh boy, I didn't catch up with the discussion." He said to himself with utter dismay.

"Great! Keiran, now all eyes are on you. You did great!"

Keiran awkwardly stood up and looked around.

"Excuse me, ma'am, can you please repeat the question?" Damn, his knees are trembling.

"Explain what saltwater intrusion is. That's the question, Keiran." The teacher repeated the question.

"Uhm... Saltwater intrusion..."