Chapter 5

"W-Wait what... did you just say?" Keiran uttered in disbelief. Who would've thought that this guy would approach them and tell them that he'd be joining them after refusing their offer so many times? Is this some kind of joke? 

"Really? Then let me get the form." Rytz excitedly rummaged through her bag to look for the club application form.

"Hey hey, slow down." Keiran panicked and stood up and held Lucien's wrist.

"I think you need to clarify something. Let's talk somewhere else." The young man whispered and immediately grabbed Lucien away from his friends. Utterly confused with the strange actions of their friend, Rytz and Krist turned to look toward each other as if they were talking through their gazes and then looked back at the two persons walking away from them.

"Since when did those two get close?" The girl asked and gave her friend a confused gaze, but Krist only shrugged his shoulders. With their confusion unanswered, they just both ignored what happened and decided to divert their attention to the books they were reading.

 Meanwhile, Keiran released his grip on Lucien's wrist when they reached the quiet alley beside building B of the school. He looked around, ensuring that there were no other students around who might possibly hear their conversation. He once swore not to tell anyone about Lucien's secret, and he'll make sure no one will know aside from him. 

"What was that?" Keiran asked, still confused about the words he heard earlier. He examined Lucien's expression, trying to extract what's exactly in his mind. However it seemed like his attempt went in vain, Lucien was literally wearing his usual bored face. 

"What?" Lucien blandly said which made the other party sigh in utter dismay.

"Don't throw the question back at me, Lucien. You rejected our offer so many times, but what's with the sudden change of mind?" Keiran asked. Lucien rubbed his chin as if he was thinking about something.

"Hmm... Let's say..." Keiran caught a breath when Lucien suddenly stepped closer to him. With each step backward, Keiran felt the unforgiving brickwork of the alley pressing against his spine, leaving him with nowhere to go but closer to Lucien. Sweats began to form on Keiran's forehead when Lucien's face was just an inch apart from him, the air thick with tension as Keiran's heart pounded in his chest. Lucien's presence was overwhelming, his gaze holding Keiran captive like a moth drawn to a flame. He moistened his suddenly drying throat.

"I'm just making sure you're keeping your word." The young vampire resorted before his brims raised into a half-smirk. The scent of Lucien's cologne filled the confined space, mingling with his breath's cool, minty freshness. 

"Wait wait wait, you're too close," Keiran implied as he slightly pushed Lucien away from him.

"So you're joining our club to keep an eye on me? Don't you know I'm known for being a man of my word? What if something happens and my friends accidentally know your identity?" Keiran's brows crossed when Lucien snickered.

"Let's just put that aside, for now. You want your club to stay on this campus right?" Lucien responded, trying to change the topic. He couldn't really tell his ulterior motive for joining their group. But there's only one thing that he needs to do: keep himself near Keiran.

"And just think of it as your reward for keeping my secret." Upon hearing what Lucien said, Keiran remained silent. He was battling his thoughts about whether to accept this guy to the club or not. However, Lucien has a point, this is not the time to worry about anything else and just focus on saving the club. They'll be reporting to the club administrator tomorrow. 

Keiran heaved out a deep sigh, "Okay, fine by you then." He uttered as a sign of defeat.

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

"Where have you been? What took you so long?" Rytz resorted upon the return of their friend and Lucien, whom they presumed to be their newest member.

"We just sorted things up." Keiran briefly responded and took a seat opposite to his friends'. Silently, Lucien took the descretion of taking the vacant position beside Keiran. The other two, Rytz and Krist remained quiet but they are secretly talking through their gazes. Little did they know that Lucien was eavesdropping to their silent conversation through his telepathy.

"Something's weird."

"Since when did they become close?" -Krist.

"I thought Keiran ended up being rejected again?"- Rytz.

"Do you think something' s going on with them?" 

Lucien smirked hearing their silent talks. It was only altered when Keiran called Rytz's attention and asked something for the upcoming quiz later. The four of them spent the entire break preparing for the long quiz later, and Lucien could say that it's not that entirely bad to join their circle. Just like any other students, they seemed to enjoy their adolescent stage. One moment they were all focused on their notes and books, then suddenly Rytz and Krist started bickering over a mere solving procedures. Lucien saw Keiran still focused on his book like he wasn't affected by the noise around. 

Later that afternoon, after the long and exhausting quiz and the class' dismissal, Keiran asked everyone to gather at the club room for the her to give an application form to him which Lucien eventually filled up with the necessary information. Of course he put false information to those data that needs to be hidden before giving the form back to the girl.

"Yey! finally, our savior-- I mean our new member." Rytz was pumped-up in too much joy.