study blues

pairing: highschool!bucky barnes x reader

words: 1.0k words

warnings: senioritis, fluff, and bucky being a clingy little shit

summary: senioritis is a bitch, and that virus certainly extends to two teens in brooklyn.

Y/N's eyes focused in and out on the pot of pasta her mother was cooking on the stove. There were many other things she should have been doing, pressing matters like the fifteen unfinished assignments she had to turn in by the next Monday, but the combination of a near-summer school day and the stress of not actually doing the assignments was getting to her.

"Honey, I'm home!"

Great.

The bane of her existence came in the form James Buchanan Barnes, God-like dick game and loved by all mothers. His fluffy chestnut hair was swept under a baseball cap, and he carried two bags of groceries, for her mother, into the kitchen where she sat.

It wasn't as if she were bothered by her boyfriend, but with him around there was no way in hell she would get anything finished. Turning back to the half-assed, half-written page she had been working on for hours, she tried to ignore the presence of Bucky hugging her mother hello.

Once again, an absolute kiss ass.

"Hey, pumpkin," Bucky dropped a kiss to her forehead as he started to put the groceries away. Fucking suck up. "How come you didn't answer my text? I asked if I could come over."

"I did answer your text, asshole." Y/N turned over her phone to check the texts for evidential proof. "Yeah, see, I texted you no."

Bucky shoved the phone away from where she held it out to him, placing an orange on the table. "And I chose to ignore that text because I wanted to see you." He sang with a smile.

That little smirk he wore was enough for Y/N's tough resolve to break and she stood to pounce up on him from behind with a hug. She nosed his neck gently and smelled his cologne, amber and oud filling her senses and making her mind all boggled with thoughts of him.

"Hey, if you two are gonna be gross, then go upstairs," Ms. L/N smacked her shoulder with the dirty dish rag and she squealed away from the hit. "But if you two are gonna bang, then go to his because I'm not washing those damn sheets for you do that."

Both of the teens blushed at her ribbing, and immediately grabbed their stuff to scramble upstairs. As they trudged up the stairs with their backpacks, Bucky noticed the way Y/N's eyes would flutter shut for a moment and the way her steps faltered. It was no secret that her five AP exams were kicking her ass, and the studying was no better.

The way he saw it, there was no point in struggling onto the slippery grasps of sleep in replacement of studying. Highschool was three weeks from being done, and soon enough they'd be out of Brooklyn and on their way to California to hit the sun and study their asses off in college.

As soon as they entered her ivy-painted room Y/N slammed the stupid essay on her desk and slumped into her swivel chair. Bucky knew the drill well enough by that point, dropping his backpack by the foot of her bed and flopping onto the pristine white sheets with an obnoxiously loud groan. "God, this bed feels so good, pumpkin, I don't know how you can stay out of it for so long."

"Well, when you're falling behind in school it's a lot easier than you'd think." Y/N quipped back distractedly. The words on the paper seemed to swirl and move right under her stare, and there was no way she could focus. She knew that eight more pages of blank papers sat right under the first, all waiting to be filled out with sentences about the effects of cardiorespiratory coherence on the spectrum of human emotions.

Bucky groaned, hauling his legs onto the sheets and turning towards his girlfriend with a pout. "C'mon, babydoll, if you come over here, you can have sex with me. How's that sound? You wanna have sex with me? I'll do that thing you like, even make you shed a few tears..."

Though his offer sounded more than appealing, Y/N had to turn it down and shift herself in the chair to ease the throbbing of her core. "As much as I would like to cry on your dick, and trust me, I would very much like to cry on your dick, I unfortunately need to cry on my essay instead. I was getting work done all until you walked in with that cute lil' smile of yours."

Bucky blushed at the comment which made her grin. It was amusing how flushed he got after making such raunchy things to her. "Well, what do you want, babydoll. I can bring you a bowl of mac and cheese from your ma, or," he scooped her up in his arms, reveling in her squeals of laughter, "I can snuggle ya to death. How's that sound?"

Her voice was muffled against the fabric of his henley, but he could kinda not really understand the words she gurgled out. "I'm gonna take that as a yes."

Y/N laughed in his hold, turning over to smush her face into his chest. "I'm just tired of this bullshit. All the assignments and late nights, and don't get me wrong, I love my mother, but if I get one more comment about my study time management, I'm going to scream." She sighed, clutching just a bit harder around his back. "I want it all to be over, I guess. Just you and me in California already, sitting in the sun and drinking green juices, or whatever shit they do over there."

Bucky didn't even have to say anything, Y/N knew he shared the same sentiment. College was fast approaching and scary, and the stress of the impending graduation did nothing but make it seem that much farther away.

"God, you're so warm, I wanna lay with you here forever. Studying can go fuck itself."

"Then stay with me, pumpkin," he chuckled, pulling her closer. "I ain't going anywhere yet."

Legend has it that there was no studying done for the rest of the night, and Y/N's mom would find them passed out in each other's arms before six o'clock.