Part 19

Lindsey was used to younger female fans screaming at him in the front row. He didn't consider himself as very attractive, though. He had millions in his bank account, but he wore a T-shirt and jeans every day as well as on stage. He couldn't care less about being voted into the top 100 sexiest people in the world by some celebrity gossip magazine. Still, he had a certain appeal, which he thought had everything to do with him being famous. He would usually look at someone in the audience, smile or wink and that was it. However, tonight, front row and center, a considerably younger blonde tried her best to catch his attention. Married with children or not, he was still a man and his eyes drifted to her more times than he cared to admit.

Breathing heavily, Lindsey wiped his sweat off his forehead and stepped up to the mic. He lowered his eyes and saw that same woman staring right back up at him.

"You were a fantastic audience!" Lindsey spoke into the microphone. "Thank you so much for coming and good night!" 

His guitar tech ran up to him to take his guitar away and Lindsey spent a moment longer with his band as they took a bow. He saw one of his earlier records held up in the air and he approached the edge of the stage to autograph it. 

"You were incredible!" The woman yelled over the crowd to which Lindsey smiled, giving her back the record. 

He didn't know how, but when he straightened up to leave, he had a piece of crumpled up paper in his hand.

"You left it all out there, huh." Tom handed Lindsey a bottle of water as soon as he returned to his dressing room. 

"A great crowd tonight." Lindsey nodded, sitting down on the couch, still trying to catch his breath.

"Some particularly interested fans, too." Tom said nonchalantly.

"I got a phone number." Lindsey pointed to the piece of paper on the table with a laugh. "I guess, I still got it, whatever that is."

"You should throw it out."

"Come on, it's nothing." He waved it off, but Tom gave him a pointed look. "I've got a pregnant wife at home."

"Whom you haven't really been on speaking terms with lately." Tom didn't dwell on the subject, it wasn't really his business. "Are you going out for drinks tonight with the guys?"

"Uh, I don't think so." Lindsey shook his head, standing up to change out of his sweaty clothes. "I'm completely exhausted. I'll just order some room service and go to bed."

An hour or so later, Lindsey was in the back of an SUV, on his way to the hotel along with Tom. He saw a small group of people gathered outside, likely awaiting a chance of getting a picture taken or getting some memorabilia signed.

"Do you wanna do this?" Tom asked, when the car stopped.

"Yeah, it's just a couple of people." Lindsey shrugged and pushed the car door open to get out. 

Tom waited, while Lindsey chatted with the fans, posed for pictures and autographed records, posters from way back when. And there she was again. Lindsey gulped, unsure of what to do, he didn't want to come across as rude, when she wrapped his arm around her slim waist, smiling brightly for the camera.

"Ah, thank you." Lindsey said about to move away, but she decided she wanted a hug. "Oh, okay."

"Guys, let the man rest." Tom interjected, trying to sound like he was joking as he put his hand on Lindsey's shoulder and pulled him away from the woman.

Once he was in the safety of the hotel, Lindsey sighed in relief. He kept quiet, while he waited for the elevator with Tom. He couldn't pretend that he wasn't flattered by the attention... 

"Did you throw it out?" Tom asked, referring to the piece of paper with the phone number written on it.

"Wha- oh, yeah. Yeah, I did." Lindsey nodded and stepped out of the elevator, when it reached their floor. "Enjoy your evening, goodnight." He rushed to say before disappearing into his room.