Chapter-8

THE START OF A MISSION AND AN ASSIGNMENT

Y/N POV

I was happier to know that I would be doing the assignment with itzy members than relieved that I didn't have to talk to new people because of the assignment. I guess they have already secured a place in my heart. A small smile appeared as I thought about how patient they have been with me.

"Yah! Why are you smiling like that? You better not be thinking about other girls.", Yuna unnie said linking her left arm into mine.

"Not at all unnie. I was thinking about ITZY and I am not even sure if I am into girls", I replied being honest.

"What? Are you at last going to join itzy?"

"No unnie. I was thinking about how patient you guys have been with me. It must have been frustrating."

"I would be lying if I said that it was not at all frustrating, but it was worth it. You are worth the wait. So, we did. Also, the unnies are waiting for us at the front."

"Why?"

"Why else do you think? Of course, to go home together"

I thought, 'home? I guess we can call it that now.'

Narrator's POV

Y/N- Yuna unnie? Shouldn't you choose your partners instead of playing games?

Yuna- what? Are you worried about me?

Y/N- of course, unnie. We are friends now, aren't we?

Yuna- whatever. Teasing you is no fun. And I already decided. I am doing it with you and Ryujin unnie.

Ryujin's head snapped to yuna's direction as soon those words left her mouth.

Ryujin- ugh. Whatever. Suit yourself.

Chaeryeong- Also, shouldn't we exchange our phone numbers now?

It just crossed my mind that we should know each other's number that we have agreed to become friends now. Don't you think so too Y/N?

Lia- I agree too.

Yuna- I agree three.

Y/N- how about I say my number and you guys save it in your phones? I can type it if you want.

Yuna said 'here' and offered her phone while Lia said 'no need' at the same time. Lia glared at Yuna, making her pout.

Y/N- it's okay Lia unnie. I can do that. Its not a big deal.

Yuna- really?

Y/N- Of course. Anything for you, unnie.

And then Y/N took the phone out of yuna's hand and typed her phone number while saying it aloud so the others can save it too.

Yuna- you are really sweet.

Chaeryeong- yah! Y/N, how can you give me a fake number? It says that the number is invalid, said in mock anger.

Everyone one looked at Y/N questioningly. Before Y/N could even defend herself, Ryujin spoke after all this time she kept silent.

Ryujin- What did you even expect from her in the first place? You all got what you deserve.

Everyone's eyes widened at Ryujin's unexpected remark.

Y/N's felt a little sad after hearing ryujin's remark. Y/N dashed out of the bus not caring where she was getting off. After all, she had started to trust them now, but they didn't have the same level of trust in her. Getting into the nearest alley, Y/N sighed in relief as she saw that no one was following her.

Y/N POV

If not for not for chael unnie and Ryujin unnie, it would have been difficult getting out of there without a proper reason. But that does not mean that I wasn't hurt by her comments and their actions. I checked the time, and I could reach the venue on time if I........run.

I was out of breath but on time. I went inside, greeted her and sat down opposite to the lady covered in luxury. Even her perfume screamed money. I knew she was filthy rich and I kneel down before her money. Almost everyone in this country knew her name. After all, she was Choi Myung Hee.

Pride? What's that? How can I have that? People without money shouldn't have them. She had money and that alone made her superior.

She sipped on fancy-looking drink, looked at me and said, "I heard about happened."

I looked down knowing what was to come.

"What are you going to do now?", she asked me putting her drink down.

"I believe that the contract he signed with ends in four months, ma'am."

"Yes. It does but you know what I am asking you about right now, right?"

"I am busy with university, ma'am. I cannot do anything right now."

"I thought that it had been two weeks already. Hasn't it?

I will send a person to collect the work by the end of the month. Two weeks should be more than enough."

"........."

"I will take that as a yes. Then, I will leave first."

And with that, she left. I let out a sigh I didn't even knew I held as I watched her figure disappear into the distance.

Meanwhile,

ITZY POV

[In the bus]

Lia- yah! What are doing?

Ryujin- what? I did nothing. She was the one who gave us a fake number.

Yuna- she would never do something like that. She would rather decline than give us a fake number.

Yeji- it's working just fine for me.

Lia- what are yo-

Yeji- the number Y/N gave. Its works for me. See, she probably switched her phone off by now.

Yuna- then, why didn't it work for chael unnie? Unnie, let me see your phone.

Unnie, seriously? You typed two fours instead of two four and blamed that innocent girl for that.

Chaeryeong-umm.... It's not my fault that she suddenly decided to speak in English.

Lia- "Chaeryeong-ah, if you were not sure, then you should have just asked us instead of blaming her without knowing anything. And you, what are you going to do now?", she asked pointing at Ryujin.

Yuna- what else? Of course, apologize to Y/N.

Chaeryeong- of course, I should. This wouldn't have happened if not for me.

Lia- It's okay as long as you didn't do it deliberately and don't do it again. And what about you, Ryujin? You should apologize too, for speaking like that to her.

Ryujin- ok unnie.

Yeji- okay. Its settled then. Let's all apologize to her once we go to the room. And let's not go empty-handed.

"Then for mission Y/N"

All of their heads turned to yuna's direction.

"What? Shouldn't we come up with a chant first?", Yuna asked.

"We should", chirped Chaeryeong.

They all cheered for the success of mission Y/N.

~kuvaaaa

[1070 words]

━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━◦○◦━

Hope you guys liked it ♡