Chapter-9

THE MISSION 

Narrator's POV

Y/N came back to a very quiet dorm, usually she could hear them teasing each other and laughing together or just talking, in general. It was eerily quiet, making her uncomfortable. She thought of the possible situations.

'Maybe they are just sleeping, but it's not even eight pm yet.'

'Did they follow me and get lost or something? I hope not.'

'They probably had work.'

Suddenly, all the lights turned on, causing Y/N to flinch from the sudden brightness. And with that, came a really loud voice filled with too much excitement.

Yeji- SURPRISE!!!

Y/N's stoic face brought them back to reality.

"What are you guys doing?", Y/N asked, her voice cold, missing the warmness her tone once had. The table set up with foods didn't go unnoticed by Y/N.

Y/N might have been avoiding talking to people but had never been cold as she thought that might hurt them.

ITZY noticed the change of her tone. Chaeryeong looked down in guilt, thinking she was the cause of this. Lia nudged her, signaling her to speak.

Chaeryeong- umm....... I wanted to apologize to you. I am sorry. I really am.

Lia whispered something to Ryujin. And then, she joined too.

Ryujin- I am sorry too. I shouldn't have made a comment like that.

Y/N- "unnie, are really sorry?", she asked, facing Chaeryeong now.

Chaeryeong- yes-s. I am really sorry. I will do anything to make it you.

Y/N- ok then. I hope you will keep your promise unnie.

Then Y/N turned to Ryujin and said, "I want to talk to you. Alone."

"okay"

"You guys can use our room", yeji offered. Lia nodded in agreement.

Y/N trailed behind Ryujin as she made her way to the said room and locked it after they entered. No one was talking. Both of them just stared at the ground until Y/N spoke.

Y/N- I don't think I can forget what you did.

Ryujin- I know it was really wrong and I regret it-

Y/N- can you let me finish first?

Ryujin just nodded.

Y/N- I could see that you didn't like me but I thought we could be decent and just stay away from each other. To be honest, I was kind of happy for chael unnie to have someone to stand up for her. I thought that you were just looking out for her. And also, I thought you purely did it out of what you heard. So, I gave you a second chance. But now it just feels as if you are doing it intentionally.

Ryujin- I am sorr-

Y/N- whether it was intentional or not, I was hurt by your comments. So, it would be better for both of us if we just keep our distance.

Also, if you did that because you thought I might steal your unnies away, shouldn't you have asked it to my face? It's true that I am growing fond of them. I will back away now and never talk to them again if that's what you want. So, tell me. Whatever it is, say it to my face. Tell me what you want me to do.

Ryujin- it's not like that. I really am sorry for what I did. Its fine even if you don't forgive me. Also, my unnies are quite fond of you too. If they really do replace me with you, I wouldn't mind it as long as they are happy. I just wanted to look out for them. But because I was biased towards you, I ended up hurting you and them too.

Y/N- were they really worried about me after I ran out of the bus like that?

Ryujin- hmm. They were. Yuna found out that Chaeryeong had typed the number wrong and Yeji unnie even called you. They suggested this so that we can properly apologize to you.

Y/N- then, wouldn't they want us to make up?

Ryujin- probably. Why? Do you want to make up with me for their sake?

Y/N- yes. let's make a deal then.

Time skip to after itzy and Y/N ate dinner

"Unnie, it's only 9 pm. isn't it too early to go to bed?", Yuna asked to no one in particular suggesting that they watch a movie together.

Y/N- unnie, I need to take this call.

And with that Y/N went out to take the call while yejisu choose the movie and Ryujin popped the corn kernels in the microwave waiting for them to pop.

Chaeryeong and Yuna were alone.

"didn't you suggest this so you could watch a movie with Y/N? huh?", Chaeryeong asked teasing Yuna .

Before Yuna could answer, Y/N returned. Yuna silently thanked her for saving her. 

Y/N- chael unnie, didn't you say you would do anything to make it up to me?

Chaeryeong- y-yes. I will do anything.

Y/N giggled and replied, "unnie, don't be nervous. I am not going to eat you. You just need to fulfil three wishes of mine."

"Ok then. Go ahead. Tell me your wish"

"Sit like a statue during the whole movie."

"that's a weird request. But I'll just do it and get it over with."

"Perfect."

Time skip after the movie ends

"DONE AT LAST!", Y/N shouted forgetting itzy's presence for a moment and regretted it a moment later as all of their eyes were on her now.

"You could have just told us if you got bored of the movie or wanted to sleep. You didn't have to sit through the whole movie.", Lia said looking at itzy for support and Yuna nodded a little too enthusiastically.

"Oh! I wasn't talking about the movie."

"Then what were you talking about?", Ryujin faking curiosity.

~kuvaaaa

[968 words]

»»————- ✼ ————-««

What do you guys think Y/N was referring to?

Then, until we meet again

Bye 👋