Chapter-22

THE PROPOSAL type-2

Y/N POV

I woke up and fixed my dress.

Thank God the hotel had a toothbrush and toothpaste. Not the best quality but enough to get the job done.

I took a bath and wore the same dress. It was not like I had clothes to choose from.

I switched on my phone to see around 50 missed calls from Ryujin and Yuna unnie each from last night alone. Not to mention the ones from this morning. Didn't I make it clear in the messages? Whatever. I will deal with this after I have my breakfast. I am hungry.

I headed to the lounge to get the complimentary breakfast. I asked the receptionist if she could charge my phone while I ate my breakfast and she agreed. I thanked her and ate my breakfast.

Narrator's POV

Y/N checked her phone, only to see that she hadn't given enough time for the messages to be sent before she switched off her phone. Knowing what was ahead she sighed and called Yeji.

*On Call*

Yeji-Italic | Y/N-Normal | Lia- Bold

"At last, you picked up your phone! We have been trying to contact you since yesterday. where have you been? Are you at the dorm right now?"

"Unnie, give me some time to reply. My phone died and because of that, the messages I sent did not get received. Also, I didn't go to the dorm yet. I was tired. So, I booked a room in a hotel nearby."

"Seriously? Is this your excuse? Do you know how worried we were?–"

"I need to go, unnie. Then, I will meet you at Lia unnie's house."

And with that, Y/N quickly cut the call.

The itzy members were quite baffled at Y/N's actions. But to Ryujin, it all started making sense now. From her expensive clothes to her not struggling financially. Y/N acting like that only confirmed her suspicions towards her. She didn't know what to do with the newfound information. She was confused about whom to trust. But more than that, who will believe her?

Y/n's phone dinged as she received a text from an unknown number.

Y/N POV

It reads 'Meet me at XX café in 10 minutes -CB'. I thought about who it might be. But no one particular came to my mind. I am sure that I had just crossed the said café a few minutes ago. So, the person definitely knew my current location. I was thinking if I should go or not when the realization hit me. Those initials. CB? Could it be..... Choi Binna?

Time skip

I was correct. It was indeed her.

And she was right in front of me right now, ordering a drink for herself.

"So, why did you call me here?", I started.

"Well, I saw you passing by and thought it would be nice to catch up, Y/N-ah."

I scoffed, "I don't think we have that type of amicable relationship, and since when were you this amiable? Inviting me to have a cup of coffee and all, huh? can you drop the act and get to the point already?"

"Straightforward as ever. You haven't changed a bit since the last time I saw you. Then, I hope you can keep our little secret between us."

"If this is what you called me to talk about, then you don't need to worry. My lips are sealed. Also, please refrain from showing your face unless necessary.", I told her as took my phone and got ready to leave.

"Wait! I will give you a lift. You are heading there too, right?", she asked referring to the vacation house.

"I am afraid that I will have to decline"

She spoke again as I turned around to leave.

"But I already told Lia that you were with me."

I huffed in annoyance as I followed her to the car.

What's with this family's interest in giving me a lift against my wish even after I clearly declined their offer?

Time skip

"Y/N, what were you doing with unnie?" Ryujin unnie asked. The way she asked it, stressing on the word 'unnie' made me feel like she knew something. Maybe it was only me.

Narrator's POV

Y/N hesitated what to say, "umm...."

"Well, she is my sister's friend and that means she is my friend too. I just took her out for some coffee after I saw her on the street," Binna replied.

The members except Yuna and Y/N were oblivious to Ryujin's glare towards Binna. While Y/N couldn't make out what it was, Yuna mistook it for jealousy.

Ryujin observed how Y/N was trying to avoid Lia's eyes. She knew exactly what was going on and she hated knowing that she could neither tell them nor keep it to herself. 'Was I making it complicated by hiding this from them?' was the only thought in her mind.

~kuvaaaa

[859 words]

»»————- ★ ————-««

There you go, another short chapter and I won't promise that the coming chapters would be any longer. If anything, they might be even shorter than this. If they are, I will make sure to give you guys a double update. (ᵔ ᴥ ᵔ)

How does that sound? ^ᴥ^

Also, sorry for not updating yesterday. And thank you Userin__ for voting on ch-20.

Then, take care guys ♡

Bye~