three.

Y/N POV

"You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes, y/n come in, and please, call me Tom." He gestures to a small loveseat situated along the back wall of the theater dressing room. Closing the door behind him, I'm surprised when he joins me on the sofa leaving two other seating options unoccupied.

He seems nervous, running a large hand through his curly locks. He fidgets with the rim of his glasses before his eyes lock to mine. As if a switch has flipped the air between us suddenly becomes charged and I'm unsure if it's his current proximity or his presence in general but I can't help but be drawn to him.

"Was there something you needed?" I struggle to find my voice, hypnotized by the man before me. He runs a finger along his lip drawing my attention.

"Just you." He breathes and suddenly I'm very aware of how close he's become as I feel his breath against my skin. In an instant my fingers find the curls along the back of his neck closing the distance between us. His lips find mine in a desperate, hungry kiss. I open to him almost immediately as his tongue dances with mine.

I wake with a jolt as the alarm on my phone fills the room frying my senses. A dream. Fuck. My heart races inside my chest as a pulsing ache lingers between my thighs.

"Well today should be interesting" I groan silencing my alarm. Sitting up on my bed, I swing my feet over the side and feel a crunch beneath my feet. Script papers litter the floor of my dorm room in a scattered mess as my lines for today's assignment barrel through my head in a jumbled mess. I had no idea what to expect for today, all I could do was be as prepared as possible. For anything. I had no idea if it'd be as ordinary as a table read, or as intricate as a live production. Regardless, we were both professionals. Sex dream or not this assignment needed to make an impression.

Groaning inwardly I grab my things and head for the bathrooms, hoping desperately that a hot shower is all I need to clear my head.

I make my way down the theater steps a couple minutes before class is supposed to start. A faint chatter fills the space as I find a seat and try to lower my heart rate. Scanning the room I notice a woman in the back row with her feet propped on the seat in front of her and a clip board resting on her knees. The dim light of the theater keeps her face from view. A casting agent perhaps? The thought sends my pulse racing once more.

I close my eyes taking a few deep breaths as I hear footsteps tap across the stage.

"Welcome back everyone, I hope you're all prepared for quite the adventure today." Tom makes himself comfortable on a deep blue velvet couch centered in the middle of the stage. He's more casual today, wearing light wash blue jeans and white v neck t-shirt. He's somehow still able to command the attention of the entire theater.

"So for those of you riddled with anxiety, here's how today is going to work." He sits up placing both elbows on his knees before continuing, "I'll call you each up in the order of my choosing, you'll sit opposite me and perform the scene. Much like a table read." Thank god. I think to myself exhaling loudly. This, I can do.

"I really want to see the passion each of you possess though, so don't think just reading your lines will impress me. Really show me what you've got. If that means moving around or using the stage, so be it. I'll follow your lead. Right then. Shall we get started?" He rises from his seat pulling a clip board out from under the couch.

"Let's start off with Y/n please in a scene from 'I Saw the Light' playing" his voice trails off as the sound of my pulse behind my ears becomes all-consuming. Of course my name would get called first. Finding my footing I make my way onto the stage, sending a silent prayer to anyone who will listen.

I smile meekly as he gestures to one side of the couch and my mind flashes instantly to my dream this morning. Focus y/n. Clearing my thoughts and mustering every ounce of courage I can possess, I take up the length of the couch laying on my side facing the audience. There's a hit of surprise behind his features at my conviction as he positions himself standing a couple feet from the couch. Before he can say anything or I lose my nerve I start the scene.

"How'd the road go?" I prop myself up on my elbow as my eyes meet his. He's instantly transformed into Hank Williams. It's amazing to watch.

"You alright?" I ask reaching my hand out to him. I rise from the couch as he places his hand in mine joining me on the couch.

"I'm pretty beat." His voice has a twang to it. "I'm sorry I woke you." He moves his hand from mine gently brushing the hair from my forehead. He leans back then stretching out and propping his head against the back of the couch. I find myself drawn to him. Lost in the scene. So I run with it. I drape my legs sideways over his, curling into his side as I bring my face mere inches from his.

"Hank?" I place one hand on his chest using the other to prop my elbow on the back of the couch.

"Hmm?" He groans and I can feel the vibrations tickle my fingers.

"You listening?"

"Kinda. I'm drifting off though." His eyes are still closed as he places his hand over mine interlocking our fingers. I stare at them minutely taken aback by the simple gesture.

"Well, I was gunna tell you something." I continue without missing a beat. I lean in a little closer and rake my fingers through my hair.

"You hearing me?"

"Hmm." He answers.

I watching his chest rise and fall. Once. Twice. Three times allowing the moment to linger. I bite my lip before I continue,

"You're gunna be a daddy." I whisper. He holds his breath then. Letting the news sink in. A brilliant acting detail only someone like a scene partner would notice. He opens his eyes staring at the ceiling for a beat before he turns his head to meet my gaze. It's a piercing one and it takes my breath away.

"Audrey Mae." I smile shyly continuing to gauge his reaction. He blinks a few times chuckling softly in excitement.

"My God! We're gunna have a baby? Really?" I smile widely matching his genuine excitement and nod my head.

"Yeah really!" His laughter bubbles from his chest shaking the hand I've placed there. He moves with intention sitting up straight as he places a delicate hand along my stomach.

"You can't tell." He laughs and I can't help but notice the small circles his thumb traces along my hemline.

"Well you will."

"Oh Audrey, I love you." His hand snakes around the back of my head resting gently at the nape of my neck. He hovers for a moment just inches away from my face as my eyes close waiting for his next move.

"Let's stop there shall we." His accent is back and he stands as the theater erupts into applause. I stumble to my feet unable to shake the effect of this man. He turns to me then still clapping along with the crowd, the look in his eyes hard to read. He seems torn almost, wrestling with the thought of what would've happened had we continued the scene. Why did he end it almost 3 lines early? The thought alone makes my head spin.

I step down from the stage waving thanks to a few familiar faces all a blur as both the scene and my dream earlier cloud my head, suffocating me.

Without attracting too much attention I head toward the back of the theater making a bee line for the restroom. I faintly hear the next name read of the list as the lecture continues unfazed.

With a loud clang of metal against tile, I rush into the women's restroom grasping either side of the sink as I try to calm my breathing and its identical heart rate. I barely notice I'm not alone when another women's voice startles me.

"He's quite a force isn't he?" I don't turn to address the woman choosing to keep my eyes closed and focus on my breathing. With a shaky hand I turn the cold water on running damp hands along my face.

"I think he's quite taken with you. I've known Tom for quite some time. You definitely shook him up. Shook me too." I pull the bottom of my oversized t-shirt up to dry my face turning toward the voice and stop suddenly as my eyes focus on the woman standing before me.

"Holy shit. You're Elizabeth Olsen."