six.

Y/N POV

t: y/n it's Tom. Drinks tonight?

y/n: it's my roommate's birthday. 344 Bowery. :)

I set my phone atop my vanity and continue getting ready for tonight. My stomach sinks as my mind races between thoughts of Lizzie and thoughts of Tom. Placing my makeup brush back on the counter, I throw my head in my hands in a huff.

"Hey what's with the stressful aura in here it's my birthday remember!" Sofia marches in with a towel wrapped around her. "You're not still swooning over your date with Lizzie are you?"

She makes herself comfortable on my bed as I roll my eyes. I still haven't had the nerve to tell her about Tom.

"It wasn't a date Sof. And she's clearly forgotten about it, I haven't heard from her." I glance at my phone instinctively willing a text from her to flash across the screen. Nothing.

"She kissed you Y/n. Clearly it was something. Why don't you invite her out tonight? Make the first move."

I chuckle to myself thinking of the chaos that would bring thinking of the text I just sent to Tom when Sofia dashes across my vanity in a flash. Before I can register what she's doing a smile pulls at her lips as she waves my phone out from her hand.

"Sofia, for the love of God what did you just do?!" I reach out grabbing my phone from her grasp and fumble with the lock screen. I open the messages and heart sinks.

y/n: it's my roommates birthday tonight. 344 Bowery.

l: i'll be there. :)

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Sofia really?! Come on!" I yell, trying to keep from hyperventilating.

"I don't see what the big deal is Y/n. You're mad for this girl. I just helped a little."

"The big deal is that about 30 seconds before you came in here, I invited Tom to the same fucking place tonight." I groan flopping defeatedly on the bed beside her. A few beats pass as realization dawns on her.

"Tom like...Hiddleston? Like the guest professor of your class?!"

"That's the one." I groan rubbing my hands over my face in exasperation.

"Oh my God, this is going to be the best birthday ever!" She chuckles to herself leaving my room to finish getting ready.

I need a drink.

———————————————————————

The cab pulls up outside the quaint Noho bar. There's a small group of people littered outside on the patio. I can hear the faint sounds of music billowing out of the front entrance. I look to Sofia next to me as she bounces up and down excitedly, moving to exit the cab. Luckily, the handful of tequila shots we both shared before we left have calmed my fraying nerves.

As we settle at the bar, Sofia hugs a few friends already enjoying themselves while I order myself a drink.

"Whiskey sour, please." The bartender nods and I chuckle watching Sofia take a blowjob shot one of her friends just bought her. I check my phone again in the hopes that either Tom or Lizzie has sent a text to cancel and ease the potential for a disastrous night. No luck.

The bartender sets down my drink with a smile and I take a long sip letting the liquid burn down my throat. My head spins lightly and I let the fog move in calming my nerves and my inhibitions.

"You know. I have not stopped smiling since I saw you last." I look to my left and there, leaning against the bar with a beer bottle in her hand is Elizabeth Olsen. She's wearing an oversized black blazer over a white turtleneck. Her hair is tied back into a low bun. She's beautiful. Even in the dim lighting of the bar she takes my breath away.

"Hi." It's all I can muster trying to make sure this dream is real.

"Hi." She answers taking the seat next to me. "I missed you." She adds taking a long sip of her drink.

"Yea?" I feel bashful suddenly as a blush creeps across my cheeks. I finish off my drink and signal to the bartender for another, hopeful for some more liquid courage.

"What's the matter?" She asks, genuine concern mares her features. I close my eyes shaking my head with a sigh. I can feel her close the small space between us as she plays with a loose stitch on my jeans. My eyes meet hers and I answer,

"This all feels like a dream. One day I'm meeting you in a public restroom. Someone I've looked up to for years. Someone I've had sexual fantasies about for longer than I care to admit. Someone whose career I aspire to match. And then the next thing I know, she's kissing me in the park and sitting next to me in a bar telling me she missed me." I exhale, relieved to get that off of my chest, and try to read Lizzie's expression. She smirks as she pulls the beer bottle from her lips.

"Sexual fantasies huh?"

"Oh my God Lizzie," I groan throwing my head into my hands on the bar in embarrassment. Her giggle dances over me easing my tension but only slightly.

"Hey." She places her hand on my thigh, delicately tracing small circles with her thumb as she tries to get my attention. "Look at me."

I move my head sideways, still propped on the bar and bring my eyes to hers. I'm calmed immediately lost in brown and gold bits of her emerald eyes. She wrinkles her nose in an encouraging smile as she continues,

"This is new for me too Y/n. I won't lie and say I know what I'm doing. But you can feel it too can't you?" I look up at her and know exactly what she's talking about. There's an energy moving between us that's electric. I'm drawn to her and it seems she feels it too. I nod matching the fervent smile that pulls at her lips.

"So let's just run with it, yea?" She stands pushing away from the bar and places her hand out for me. I interlace my fingers with hers as she pulls me away from the bar toward a small gathering of people dancing to the music booming throughout the bar.

Finding my courage, I twirl Lizzie around my finger, elated by the bubbling laughter that bursts from her chest. I pull her to me as she wraps her arms around my my neck.

"Hi." She whispers as I snake my arms into the back pockets of her jeans.

"Hi." I answer with a smile as she sways gently in my arms to the music.

TOM'S POV

I pull my sport coat around my midsection, fastening the single button as I approach the entrance of the bar. I run my fingers through my hair as my mind fills once again with thoughts of Y/n. I can't put my finger on it but something about her captivates me. Which is why, against my better judgement, I'm meeting her for drinks.

I make my way around the handful of people out on the patio enjoy drinks and each other's company. I move through the front door and I'm immediately stopped in my tracks as my eyes land on Y/n.

She's dancing in the middle of the bar, eyes closed with her arms wrapped around who I can only assume is a friend of hers. Maybe her roommate? I watch for a beat captivated at the sight of her when my stomach drops. She leans forward sharing an intimate kiss with whomever she's dancing with.

I look away briefly feeling intrusive of their very passionate public display of affection. Her dance partner turns then pressing her backside against Y/n's front as they lose themselves in the music wrapping their arms around each other.

Is that?! No.