five.

Y/N POV

"Woah, woah, woah. Tornado Y/n what's the occasion." I stop in a huff turning to face my roommate as jeans, tops, and dresses litter the dorm room floor.

"I don't know what to wear Sof! It's just coffee right? Why am I freaking out?" I hardly got any sleep last night thinking about today's coffee date? Was it a date? With Lizzie. The dark circles around my eyes giving me away.

"Here let me help." Sofia makes her way over the large pile of clothes into my closet. I check my phone once more battling internally whether or not to text her. Deciding against my better judgement and honestly just to make sure she didn't forget, I type her number into my phone.

y/n: hey it's y/n. looking forward to coffee later. see you soon. :)

I hit send before I lose my nerve.

"How about this?" Sofia emerges with a simple black crew neck tee and high waisted jeans. "With your Doc Martins to finish the look. Something that says it's just coffee but I'm a little fruity."

I stand wrapping my arms around her in a boisterous hug. "This. Is why I love you." I kiss the crown of her head taking the clothes from her hands as she bows dramatically.

"So," Sofia makes herself comfortable across my bed as I retreat to the closet to change, "you gunna shoot your shot or what?"

"Ugh God, Sof I don't even know if she's interested like that! She said she had notes for me. This could be strictly professional."

"Y/n, she wrote her number on your hand."

I stare down at my hand as I continue to change, heartbroken a little that her scribbles are no longer visible.

"Either way I'm just glad I get to see her again."

I hear my phone ding and Sofia's unlocking my screen before I can get to it.

"It's her." She says stretching across the bed to place the phone in my hand.

l: see you soon. xx

I hand the phone back to Sofia unable to hide the shit-eating grin that spreads across my face.

"Oh that's definitely fruity." Sofia says with a laugh and I can't help but giggle.

"How do I look?" I emerge once more from the closet and check my appearance in the floor length mirror. My hair falls in loose waves down my back as a fasten a pair of gold necklaces around my neck.

"Hell if I was bi, I'd do you." Sofia states with a hint of sarcasm in her tone.

LIZZIE POV

As I enter the sleek, urban coffee shop I'm immediately hit with the strong aromas of coffee beans and fresh pastries. I make my way through the restaurant taking in its decor. One wall boast exposed red brick while the other is covered in gray concrete. Above me, a large round chandelier filled with different varieties of foliage command the space.

"What can I get for you today." The barista behind the counter calls out in my direction as I approach the counter.

"I'm actually waiting for someone, I'll let you know once they get here." I make my way to a small bistro table in the corner and pull out my "notes." It's more for show really. I'm really here just to get to know Y/n. As I settle into my seat, my phone buzzes in my pocket.

"Tom, hey what's up?" I glance at my watch 11:52 hopefully she's on time.

"Lizzie, darling so glad I caught you, I wanted to hear your thoughts on the scenes yesterday."