four.

Lizzie POV

She continues to stare blankly at me as water drips from her chin. I'm all too familiar with fan reactions but this one seems different. Something about her sends my heart rate soaring as she says my name. I replay her performance earlier in my mind, the raw vulnerability and honesty in her performance drawing me to her. I giggle extending my hand to hers.

"I am yea, it's nice to meet you..." I trail off and she blinks rapidly taking my hand in hers shaking it violently.

"Y/n. Sorry shit, I'm Y/n. Were you just..." she motions toward the theater as realization dawns on her. A look of panic flashing across her features. It's incredibly endearing and honestly kind of cute.

"I was yea. Hey listen," she buries her head in her hands in what I can only assume is embarrassment before I continue, "I have some notes I'd love to share. Maybe over coffee?" Her blank stare returns and I prepare myself for let down. I don't know what it is about this girl. Just being near her is like a breath of fresh air.

"God, was it that bad?" She groans slumping to the floor on the far end of the bathroom. Her head slumps onto her knees with an exasperated sigh.

"You're kidding right? I'd kill for instant chemistry like that." She looks up from her slump on the floor shocked at my admission and I take that as an invitation, making my way over to her.

"You know, Tom and I worked on that scene for three days during filming. Three days. We've known each other for years, how the other works, what makes them tick, but you," I pause leaning down to her eye level playfully pushing at her knees, "were able to stop an award winning actor mid-scene because he forgot he was teaching a class."

A blush creeps up her neck into her cheeks as she shakes off the thought. She likes him. I think to myself watching opportunity escape me. I rise to my feet extending a hand to help her up. "Don't sell yourself short."

I turn to leave gathering my clipboard from the bathroom counter. As I reach for the door handle she calls out behind me.

"Miss Olsen...er shit, sorry." She flusters as I turn to meet her, laughing at her formality. "Is coffee still on the table?" She asks and the blush reappears as she fumbles to place a stray hair behind her ear.

"Call me Lizzie, please. How's noon tomorrow?" I move the clipboard under my arm taking her hand in mine. I can hear her breath hitch but I give nothing away as I scribble my cell number across her palm continuing, "there's a little café called Devoción a few blocks from here. Text me if something changes."

Y/N POV

I make my way back into the theater replaying the last 10 minutes in my head. Elizabeth. fucking. Olsen. Just asked me to coffee. My mind races as I settle back into my seat watching Tom perform with another student. Surely Tom asked her to to be involved, the memory of Tom's speech last lecture replays in my head.

"Well that's it for today class. Enjoy your weekend and we'll pick back up here on Tuesday. Great work everyone." Students begin to gather their things as the lights in the auditorium brighten to their normal hue. From his place on the stage, Tom's eyes locked with mine as he raises a finger indicating for me to wait. I turn around, positive it's someone else he's speaking to and I can see him chuckle to himself as I meet his gaze again.

"You." He mouths and I nod minutely packing up my things slowly as the rest of the class exits the theater.

The theater door echoes through the now empty space as I rise from my seat heading toward the stage. Tom puts the last of his papers in his knapsack before situating himself on the edge of the stage, his long legs dangling over the side.

"I wanted to apologize for earlier, Y/n. Stopping your scene was inappropriate and unfair to you. I'm sorry."

I fidget restlessly under his gaze, picking at the chipped emerald nail polish on my fingers.

"Oh, no worries. I figured that was where we'd end it anyway." I answer trying to play it cool. His lips pull together in a tight smile as he folds his hand across his lap.

"Forgive me Y/n, I've never done this before. Teaching that is. But if I may," he pauses trying to find the words. I watch as his hand traces along the defined angles of his jawline.

"You have a gift Y/n. Truly. One, most actors would kill for. It was an honor working with you today." My eyes snap to his unable to process what he's just said to me. Me. An honor to work with. I curse inwardly at the blush that I'm positive is evident on my cheeks and thank him.

"Shit Sir, thank you, honestly. You don't know what that means coming from someone like you." I rub at the back of my neck trying desperately to not wake up from the dream.

"Call me Tom, please." He cracks a toothy grin as I nod and he stands to collect his things. I turn to leave pulling my bag over my shoulder when he calls my name once more.

"Hey Y/n?" I don't think I'll ever get used to hearing my name fall from his lips. I turn, halfway up the theater, meeting his gaze once more.

"I'd love to go over a few notes on the scene with you if you'd like. Maybe over coffee?" I inhale sharply as I choke out a strangled cough,  Lizzie's similar question replays in my mind.

"Uh, coffee, sure." I recover quickly as alarm bells siren out internally.

"How's Sunday?" He asks and I nod, dazed.

"Brilliant. I have your number from the roster. I'll be in touch." He excuses himself as I turn to leave mentally cursing myself for what I've gotten myself into.

Fuck.

A/N:

Hi besties! Thanks for reading!! I know it may not seem like it but, stick with me, this is Lizzie Endgame, I promise!!! So if you're here for Tom sorry🤷🏻‍♀️. Just hang in there it's a slow burn. 😘