Chapter 5

*What's a better way to celebrate 300 reads than a new chapter?*

~~>

"I'm really sorry but unfortunately she didn't make it."

————————

"Is it alright with you if I take that seat?" a new girl asks. I'm looking around to see if there are any free seats but I find a library that's almost completely empty. I don't ask why she wants to sit with me though.

"Uh yeah sure. I gotta study but you're welcome to keep me company." I shrug, wanting to be open to maybe find some friends to not end up alone.

"Thank you so so much! What's your name?" she asks, taking the seat in front of me.

"Callie and yours?" I ask, trying to sound as friendly as possible.

"I'm Kiah. I'm new here. Kind of like an old friend of Juliana, I bet you know her, don't you?"

"Oh yeah, she's the owner of here. Are you planning on working here or what do you wanna do here?" I ask in a polite voice.

"Yeah I already have the job but I start in may so I have plenty of time. Just trying to get to know as many people as possible over the next weeks. Are you from here?" She asks.

"Well originally not but I've been living here since I'm 15 I think." I say, thinking about how she's probably gonna make more friends within a few day than I did the whole time I lived here.

She sounds nice though, I'm sure Zayn would love her.

Have I mentioned that I absolutely despise that name Zayn? His name probably would've been worse if it was with an "I" though, like Zain. I mean how weird does that look?

Maybe I should try to be friends with her but the last time I tried that, it didn't end well. Kane had to come and safe me from having a whole breakdown after the thing that happened on that one day. And additionally, a few weeks after, we moved here, to nowhere.

I like the quietness though. I always wake up at 5am to stand up and go take a run just to feel like I've accomplished something. The only things I can hear are birds singing and communicating and the wind that's blasting through my ears.

Maybe that's the reason why I'm always quiet, I like the quietness. My quietness is caused by social anxiety that came through a few people that walked in and out of my life, while leaving a broken peace of my heart behind, but the quietness of life or of the nature is to please people. It's to give people some space, some time to escape reality, kind of like books.

I guess that's what I've been trying as well with being quiet, just to please people and not annoy them with my noises. I never really saw it like that but it kinda makes sense. But not everybody enjoys the quiet, some even hate it, because it's the time where thoughts are able to speak to you the most, they take over your mind, but at the same time it's the favorite thing for others.

Not even the most beautiful thing, or at least the one that seems like it, can be liked by everyone. Nothing or no one can be liked by everyone. So I shouldn't feel bad about Zayn hating me, should I? It's not even sure that he hates me but it's the most obvious thing. You should've seen his fucking face.

But I don't want to get in a bad mood because of him, so I have to stop thinking about him.

I'm not planning on being nice to him anymore. He had his chance, I tried to start a conversation with him more than once but he always answered in short sentences, which mostly included just a word or two.