Chapter 6: OOOH I'm about to dive in!

"What are you reaching for?" Jayna shouts. "He didn't do anything wrong!" "Relax!" the police officer demands. He pulls out his phone and takes a picture of Chris's sneakers. "Where did you get those sneakers from bro? Those are hot off the rip!" the police officers says in a forced accent as he points at his sneakers. Chris let's out a deep relieved sigh. He wipes the sweat off his forehead. "Wait a minute, wait a minute..." Chris utters unbelievably. He takes a step back. "I know you didn't just follow me around the block, pull me over, and made me get out of the car just to ask me where I get my sneakers from!🤨" Chris bursts. "Actually I followed you and pulled you over because I noticed that your windows are tinted about 5%. If you didn't know, that can make whoever's driving a car with dark tinted windows appear to be doing something, you know... illegal" the police officer exclaims. Chris looks back at his car windows. "Oh sh*t, that do look kind of sus, 'ian even gone lie" he responds and laughs. "Well, then how can I get this sh*t fixed?" Chris asks. "Here's what your gonna do," the police officer states. "Drive straight down until you reach Hitler street, turn left, drive straight down again, turn right and you'll be at Xclusive Tints" he adds. "What's that?" Chris asks. "Well, it's pretty self explanatory. It's a window tinting service where you can get your windows tinted to whatever percentage you like" "Okay, can we go now?" Jayna asks anxiously. "Sure, but just so you know, you have to get your windows tinted or else another police car will be following you again. According to the laws of Chicago Illinois residents, Front Side windows must allow more than 35% of light in. Back Side windows must allow more than 35% of light in and Rear windows..." "Okay officer, we get it" Jayna says cutting him off. "35% right? Thank you. C'mon Chris, let's go" Jayna says with an attitude. The police laughs. "Is this your sister?" he asks Chris and points at Jayna. "Nah, that's my girl" Chris replies. "Whew! she's a feisty one😂" he asserts. "Yea😂" Chris says nodding. But can you blame her? Look at how you approached us?" Chris adds. "Sorry about that man, police duties" the officer utters. He then looks at their vlogging camera's. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what's the camera's for? Are y'all like filmmakers or something?" The officer asks. "We're YouTubers" Chris responds. "Ohhhh! Really? My nephews are YouTubers. You know, back in my day we didn't have this special type of technology you kiddos have now. We stuck with the Kodaks or Polaroids and they were mainly used for things like Science projects." "This is some pretty cool stuff you teens are doing nowadays. Before you go, can I have a picture? My nephews might know who you are. Their black" the officer adds. Jayna and Chris look at each other then look back at him. Jayna makes a stank face. "What?" The officer asks. "Oh c'mon, I didn't mean it like that, I know a lot of black kids—" Chris cuts him off. "It's cool man, let's just take the pictures so we can get outta here. Chris and the officer smile for a couple of selfies. Jayna rolls her eyes and rest her forehead on the hood of the car.

"CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!"

"Alrighty! Thanks man" the police officer says and shakes Chris hands. Chris walks over to the driver's seat. "No, but seriously man. You have to tell me what sneakers those are and where did you cop them from?" the police officer says, again in a forced accent. "Oh, these?" Chris asks lifting up his feet. "These Air Jordan 1's, I think they called Electro Orange or sum sh*t like that."