Chapter 9: Bye, Derrick🙄

"My leg!" She cries. He grabs her and hides her behind him.  The fire grows bigger. Majority of their skin gets burnt. Jayda takes her last coughs. "JAYDA!" Debo shouts as she passes in his arms. Suddenly the entire building collapsed. "AHHHHH DEBO!" Jayda screams in terror. She jumps up from the horrific nightmare. "What's wrong?" He asks in concern. The whole crowd looks back at her. "Yo could you relax? The scene wasn't even that scary!" A dude shouts. "Ayo watch your tone!" Debo shouts at him. "You good?" he gently asks Jayda. She covers her face in embarrassment. "Did you have a bad dream or something?" he asks. She slowly nods. "What happened in it? What was it about?" He asks. She shakes her head. "Oh My God, it was crazy. We were watching the movie and then all of a sudden there was smoke everywhere and everyone started running and then—- you know what never mind, I don't even want to think about it," she says massaging her forehead. "Is the movie over yet?" She asks. "What time is it?" Debo asks. Jayda turns on her phone. It's 9:26 she says. "They said it ends at 9:45 so it should be done in a few minutes" Debo replies. "What happened though, I missed it," Jayda says. "That's too bad, ain't nobody told you to sleep," he says. "Shut up" she responds, sitting up. "What's the name of the movie again?" She asks. "CandyMan" Debo replies. "Never heard of this," she says. "You never heard of CandyMan? You ain't from Chicago if you don't know this movie. This like the 4th movie" he replies. "Suddenly, suspenseful music plays in the film. "Bruh she better not say his name," a girl in the crowd says. Suddenly, a pop-up scene in the movie appears. Everyone screams and jumps from their seats. Jayda spills the popcorn.

"What is you doing foe!" Debo shouts. Jayda burst out laughing. "Don't act like you wasn't scared. I saw you jump!😂" she laughs. He smirks. She bends over to pick up the popcorn bin. A few minutes later, the suspenseful music plays louder in the film. "I'm scared" Jayda whimpers. She hugs Debo's arm tightly. She covers her eyes and takes a peak. "Watchu being all scared for, she didn't even say his name-- oh never mind" Debo utters. Everyone in the theater murmurs in fear. "Tell me when this scene is over," Jayda says. "Ight I gotchu," Debo says. A few minutes passed. "Is it over yet?" She asks. "No, almost," he says. The music in the film stops. "How about now?" She urges. "Yea, it's gone now. Jayda opens her eyes. Suddenly, another pop-up scene shows in the film. She lets out a scream. "YOU LIED!" She shouts at Debo and punches his arm. He giggles. "Scary ass😂" he teases. Soon, the film ends. Everyone claps then rise from their seats and heads towards the exit. "Why did you make me watch that! Now I'm going to have nightmares" she says. "It's alright, I can keep you company," he says moving close up to her face. "Get out my face," she says mushing his face. They reach the hallway. "Oooh, I need to pee" Jayda utters as they reach the hallway. She moves up and down and rubs her legs together urgently. "Can you hold my bag?" Jayda asks. Debo grabs her bag and holds it. She rushes away to the restroom. "Wait!" Debo calls out. "What?!" Jayda whimpers. "I dare you to say CandyMan in the mirror when you get there," he says. "Debo! That's not funny" she whimpers. He laughs. "Chill, Imma wait right outside," he says. I got to go" Jayda yells rushing away. Jayda enters the restroom and goes into the stall. The sound of her urine echoes in the restroom. She flushes the toilet and comes out. She washes her hand in the sink. She then looks at herself in the mirror. "I look so cute today" she utters, moving her fingers through her hair. Jayda looks around then back at the mirror. A voice in her head whispers "Say it. Just Say it." "What?

I'm not saying no damn CandyMan" Jayda says aloud. She gasps. "Omg, I said it," she says covering her mouth. "Uhn, uhn let me get out of here," she says. Suddenly the lights start to flicker. Jayda heart drops. She tries to open the door but it won't open. The knob is jammed. "Oh My God, what is going on?" she cries. She turns the knob more aggressively. All of a sudden, the toilet flushes. She gasps and presses her back against the door. "Hello! Is somebody in here?" Jayda calls out. The lock on the bathroom stall clicks back and forth. "Hello! This isn't funny!" Jayda shouts terrified. "What is wrong with these lights" she whispers. The door opens slowly. No one comes out. "Oh hell Nah, I'm calling Debo," Jayda says reaching in her pocket. "Oh shoot! He has my purse" she utters. The lights stop flickering. "Who is that! Come out already please" she whimpers. Suddenly, a little girl comes out of the stall and walks up to Jayda. "Where did my mommy go?" she mumbles. Jayda let's out a deep breath of relief. "Awwww omg you scared the crap out of me!" she says to the little girl. "Your mommy left you here by yourself?" Jayda asks. The little girl shrugs. All of a sudden, the door unlocks. A woman opens the door, pushing Jayda who is leaned against it. "Excuse me, is someone here? The lady says. Jayda moves from the door and faces the lady. "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't know someone was in here. I'm trying to teach my daughter how to use the toilet on her own without my help. I locked it for protection" the lady explains. Jayda nods. "It's okay, she was just asking for you too," Jayda says. "Really? My baby's a big girl now! Did you wipe like I taught you?" the lady asking grabbing the little girls hand. The girl nods shaking her barrettes. "Okay let's go, I'm sorry about that," the lady says to Jayda. Jayda takes another deep breath and quickly leaves after them. She meets Debo in the hallway. "Damn girl, what took you so long?" Debo asks. Jayda shakes her head. "Why you so out of breath? You was scared or sum? You was scared CandyMan was gone get you in there?😂" he jokes. "Shut up" Jayda says snacking his arm. "Let's get out of here I'm tired" she says reaching out for her purse. They walk down the hallway. Suddenly, Jayda stops and reaches into her purse. "Oh yeah, you forgot to take my pictures," she says as she pulls out her phone. "Awww man it's about to die" she utters. "I could use mine" Debo implies. He reaches in his pocket for his phone. "Ight, where you want to take it?" he asks.