Chapter 8: Numbers

It's the next day, in the afternoon. The crew is now staying at an Airbnb. Chris, Eli, Jayna, Debo, and Jazzy are sitting at the dining table playing "Uno." "UNO!" Chris shouts. "LET'S GO!" He shouts, punching his fists in the air. "Boy, calm down you ain't even win yet" Jazzy utters. It reaches Jayna's turn. She pulls out a green reverse card. "Reverse!" She chimes. It reverses to Eli. Eli looks at Chris and smirks. "Don't do it!😂 Don't do—" he shouts. Eli slams a draw 4 card on the card stack in the middle of the table. "Wowwwww😑" Chris mutters. They all laugh. "You just gone do me like that!" Chris says. "N*gga, ain't no friends in this game!" Eli replies. "Ight, I gotchu😒" Chris says, taking 4 cards out of the deck. "YEA N*GAA! DRAW THAT 4!" Debo hollers and laughs. "Shut the f*ck up" he responds. Soon, It reaches Chris's turn again. "UNO!" He shouts irritated. "Y'all betta not draw on me this time!" He says balling his fist. Next, it's Jayna's turn. "UNO OUT!😝" she squeals, stacking a Draw 2 card on top of the stack. "Who that for?🤨" Eli asks. "You! Your right after me!" Jayna exclaims. "No the f*ck it's not!" Eli hollers as he slams a Draw 2 card on top of hers. They all look at Jazzy whose turn is next. "Oooooh😂" they all gasp. "Awww man😔" Jazzy frets. She reaches over to pluck the cards. "SIKE! What y'all thought!" She shouts as she pulls out another Draw 2 card and stacks it on theirs. Debo is next. They all look at him shockingly. "I don't know why y'all n*ggas looking at me like that!😂" he exclaims as he pulls out another Draw 2 card and stacks it. Chris is next. "N*GGA DRAW ALL THEM CARDS!😂" Debo shouts. Chris doesn't hesitate to slam another Draw 2 on the stack. "F*ck is you talm bout!" Chris shouts. Eli pulls out another Draw 2 and stacks it. "OOOOOH!" they all shout, covering their mouths with their fist. "So it's just gone keep going and going?" Jazzy exclaims.

The Draw 2 war continues. They all stack a Draw 2 card on the stack and it keeps going until it reaches Chris's turn. They all look at him. He looks in his hand for a Draw 2 but doesn't see any. They all burst out laughing once they notice that he doesn't have a Draw 2. Chris smacks his forehead and laughs with them. "DAMN ALL THEM CARDS!" Eli shouts. "What is all this animosity y'all have towards me all of a sudden? What the f*ck did I do?" Chris complains. "Yo, how many cards is that?😂" Debo asks reaching his hands over to the stack. He counts the total amount of Draw 2 cards. 2,4,6,8...10,12,14,16,18,20... "DAAANNGG!" The rest of them shout. "...22,24,26... Chris quickly gets up from his seat and swings the air. "I ain't plucking all of them cards, y'all tweakin" he utters, walking away. "28,30,32!" Debo continues counting. "THIRTY-TWO MUHF*CKIN CARDS!😂" Debo hollers. "I ain't plucking them, y'all might as well eliminate me" Chris replies. "C'mon, it's just a game!" Jayna urges. "Nah, f*ck that!" he replies. "Stop, cursing so much!" She adds. "C'mon n*gga! You holding up the game!" Debo says. Chris sucks his teeth and sits back in his seat with an attitude. "Man, hand me them freaking cards😒" he says reaching his hand out. Debo plucks 32 cards in his hands. They all gasp as Debo continues plucking the cards. The game continues and Chris loses. They play five more rounds of Uno. In the final round, Debo gets up, grabs a bottle of water, and heads out the door. "Where you goin?" Chris hollers throwing his arms up. "I'm going downstairs to the gym! He replies. "Let's get one last round!" Chris says. "Nah, y'all n*ggas ass!" He responds leaving out the door. Chris sucks his teeth. "Ight" he mumbles. It's just Chris and Eli left. "Oooouuu this finna get spicy!" Jazzy shouts, cuffing her hands around her mouth.

"Yea, now I'm on yo goof ass! Ain't no friends in this game right?!" Chris shouts. Eli laughs. "Wassup then! Whatchu finna do?😂" he replies. "You gone see, it's finna get real competitive," Jayna and Jazzy huddle up around them. Chris says tossing a blue 2 card in the stack. Eli tosses a green card on top. Chris tosses a yellow 2 card next. "Oooh, battle of the two's!" Jayna shouts. Chris has 2 cards left. Eli has 5. "What is all this noise y'all making?" Jayda says walking out of the bathroom. "We was playing Uno, while you were in the shower" Jayna responds. "Oooh, I wanna play!" Jayda utters. "UNO! DRAW 4 N*GGA!" Chris shouts as he slams a Draw 4 card on the stack. Eli draws 4 cards. "Aight, I see you" Eli mumbles and nods. Chris draws a card, since he doesn't have a matching color or number. It's Eli's turn. "YOU DRAW 4 N*GGA!" Eli shouts as he slams a Draw 4 card on the stack. "Oooooh!" The rest of them holler. Chris drops his head on the table. "F*CK!" He shouts. They all laugh. Chris draws eight cards. "Who y'all think gonna win? I'm team Chris" Jayna says, hugging Chris. "I'm team Eli" Jazzy responds. They look at Jayda. "Who team you on Jayda?" Jayna asks. Jayda shrugs. "I- I don't know, I just came here🤷🏾‍♀️" she stutters. "UNO!" Chris shouts as he slams a card in the stack. "UNO!" Eli shouts as he does the same. "Oooh! Who's gonna win? Who's gonna win?" Jayna squeals. Eli and Chris both smirk at each other nervously. Chris doesn't have a matching color or number so he plucks another card. Eli does the same. The girls look at their cards. "C'mon Eli! Don't make me look stupid Eli!😂" Jazzy urges. Chris pauses and looks around. Jayna taps on the table to imitate a drumroll. Chris waits for a few seconds, giving Eli a mischievous look. "UNO OUT!" Chris finally shouts, slamming two number 5 cards on the deck. "Damn it, Eli!" Jazzy shouts, smacking the back of his neck. "Ahhhhh" Eli whines. "YEA! WHAT I SAY! LOOK AT YALL GOOF ASS!" Chris shouts, standing up from his seat.