Chapter 12: The Pinky Promise

Moments later, everyone goes inside the AirBnb. "Why this n*gga ain't picking up his phone man?" Chris fusses while he dials Debo's number again. Jayda is sitting on the couch crying with a towel wrapped around her. Jayna is crying too, holding Jayda while Jayda lays on her chest. Semaj hugs Jayda as well. Suddenly, Jazzy comes downstairs. "I see y'all finally came back from the— OH MY GOD? WHAT HAPPENED TO Y'ALL??" Jazzy shouts concerned once she notices Jayda and Jayna crying. She rushes over to them. "She won't say what happened and it's making me worry" Jayna says. "What you mean she won't say what happened? Where were y'all?" Jazzy asks. "We were in the pool and then she went to go get her goggles. Then a while later, we started hearing her scream for help and then we ran to see what's wrong and all of a sudden we see Debo brutally beating up a guy on the ground in front of her" Jayna explains as she holds Jayda tighter. "This is my fault, I knew I should have went with her" Jayna whines. Chris bows his head down in guilt. "No, this is not anyone's fault" Jazzy urges. "Why was Debo beating up a guy anyway ways? Jayda talk to me?" Jazzy shouts.

Jazzy wipes Jayda's tears. Suddenly, Jayda takes a deep breath and begins to explain the story. "...All of a sudden he tried to grab me and then Debo—" "WHO TRIED TO GRAB YOU?" Jazzy shouts. "The guy" Jayda responds. "What?" Semaj shouts. "What is wrong with people?" Jayna says angrily. "UHN UHN. WHERE'S MY PURSE?" Jazzy shouts as she paces around the living room. "Jazzy, Jazzy, Calm down" Eli says, grabbing her shoulders "DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN, HE TRIED TO TOUCH MY SISTER" she shouts. "Jazzy it's okay, Debo already did enough damage" Jayna says. "I DON'T CARE!" She shouts. Jazzy rushes upstairs. "He tried to grab you? Is that why Debo started beating him up?" Jayna asks. Jayda nods. She continues explaining what happened. "From now on, we ain't letting y'all go nowhere alone" Chris says firmly. "Facts" Eli adds. "Not gone lie, that just pissed me off. I understand why Debo went off like that especially because it's you" Chris says. Jayda looks at him confused. "I forgot how crazy it is out here" Chris says. Suddenly they hear rapid footsteps coming down the stairs. Jazzy rushes towards the door with a gun in her hand. "JAZZY WOAH! CHILL MAN!" Chris shouts. Chris and Eli rushes to stop her.

"LET GO OF ME!" Jazzy shouts. "JAZZY!" The girls shout. Jayna runs up to her. "Jazzy put the gun away!" Jayna demands. "No" Jazzy says calmly. "Jazzy, it's okay. Your not gonna find him, he ran away. He's gone" Jayda shouts. "Jazzy please just calm down" Semaj says. "Don't make this situation worse" She adds. "Trust me, I am fine. We deal with guys harassing us for our number all the time. It's sad, but I'll get over it" Jayda assures. "I know that but this one TOUCHED you" Jazzy emphasizes. "He didn't, he tried to. Thank God Debo was there" Jayda says. Jazzy takes a deep breath and taps her leg on the floor rapidly. "Okay. I'm calm. Can y'all let go of me now?" Jazzy asks. Chris and Eli slowly let go of her. Jazzy puts her gun back in her purse and sits on a chair next to the dining table. "Where's Debo now?" Jazzy asks. "He walked away somewhere and he not answering his phone" Chris says. "Y'all aren't gonna look for him?" Jazzy asks. "Nah, he's gonna come back when he's calm. I know him" Chris says. "I want to go home" Jayda says. "It's just been almost a week and there's already so much drama" she says. "We can book a flight back tomorrow" Jayna says. "And if y'all are leaving, I'm leaving" Semaj states.

2 hours past and everybody is settled down. "Aight, it's getting dark now" Chris exclaims. "Debo still ain't here, and I'm starting to get worried" he says. "Let's go look for him" Eli says. "I was just finna say that" Chris says as he grabs his hoodie and brushes it over his head. "I'm coming with you" Jayna says. "No" Chris demands. "Stay here, we got it" Chris says. "Do y'all need my gun?" Jazzy asks. Chris and Eli both look at each each other and crack up. "No we don't need that lil ass gun😂" Chris says. "Yea, we got our own straps"Eli says as they both lift up their shirts and reveal their guns in their pockets. "Y'all think y'all all big and bad with them guns don't y'all?" Semaj says. "Shut up Maddy" Chris says. "Do you know where we are? This the Chi town. We need these b*tches. It's either we shoot the bullets or the bullets shoot us😂" Chris adds. "Stop cussing" Jayna says seriously. "Oh, right. My bad" Chris says covering his mouth. "Be safe guys" Jayna says. "Yea be safe" Jayda adds. "We will" Eli says as they walk away. "See y'all later" Chris says. "Love you" Chris says to Jayna as he leans in for a kiss. She kisses him. "Love you more" Jayna says. Chris and Eli leave the AirBnb, the door shutting behind them.